Home » Other » Marketplace » Create commercial softwares?
Create commercial softwares? [message #638910] Thu, 25 June 2015 04:56 Go to next message
syedfaisal
Can i create commercial softwares like accounting or Manufacturing / MIS system / Library system or etc.. with Oracle FORMS AND REPORTS? or i have to use some 3rd party tool?

Because in Microsoft world what happens you have to select from any .net languages to create front end. then for the database you have to select MICROSOFT SQL SERVER. then you have to connect both frontend and back end database.

In Oracle can you develop front end, I mean GUI and also a database software?
Re: Create commercial softwares? [message #638912 is a reply to message #638910] Thu, 25 June 2015 05:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You can use any tool you want, as long as it has the ability to connect to the database you chose. I suppose that all modern developing tools are capable of connecting to Oracle, so there shouldn't be any problem.

The same goes for Oracle Forms & Reports - you can connect it to an Oracle database, or use ODBC to connect it to MS SQL Server, MS Access and so on.

Basically, it's up to you. Note that not all software you (and I) mentioned is free; some of it might be VERY expensive (if you want to use it legally) so - choose carefully.
Previous Topic: Carrier in Perfromance Engineering (Perfromance Tunning) Oracle PLSQL
Next Topic: Wanted: German speaking PL/SQL-Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:41:53 CDT 2024