Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Large Data into Page (Apex4.0,Oracle 10g,Win7 32 bit)
Large Data into Page [message #618986] Thu, 17 July 2014 03:19 Go to next message
Xandot
Hello,
I have one page with multiple classic reports and each and every report contain 1000-5000 rows ,so its very difficult for user to find the record in report region .

Is there any concept is present in apex for maintaining the large data in one page with multiple report regions ?

Thanks,
Xandot
Re: Large Data into Page [message #619019 is a reply to message #618986] Thu, 17 July 2014 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That concept is called a better design. Consider splitting that awful page into several pages that contain interactive reports. They are highly customizable by end users (including filtering) so - let them play.

Otherwise, I bet that browser you use supports Find (usually, it is invoked by <Ctrl + F>) so that users wouldn't have to scroll thousands of records up and down, trying to sequentially find the one they are looking for.
Re: Large Data into Page [message #620843 is a reply to message #619019] Wed, 06 August 2014 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
I don't know whether tab functionality exists in apex. However, if the functionality exists, then like any other applications, depending on the functionality you could have different tabs in the same page. Each tab would represent resptive report.
Re: Large Data into Page [message #620844 is a reply to message #620843] Wed, 06 August 2014 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Or,

Have a dropdown menu to select the distinct reports. All I mean is to have a functionlity to select the various types within the same page.

As I said, I don't know about apex, so I would apologize if my suggestions are of non use. I just thought from a regular application's perspective.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2014 10:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Large Data into Page [message #624386 is a reply to message #620844] Mon, 22 September 2014 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xandot
Thanks for reply Littlefoot and Lalit.

I have 7 Sql Report region into one page so its very typical to maintain if one report containing more than 1000 records.
Can i add search button on each and every sql report so user easily find the specific output (Report wise).

@Littlefoot :- Can i put interactive report instead of sql report?

@Lalit:- Yup here i have different tabs for each reports but how can i implement dropdown menu because user want to access all the reports at a time.

Thanks,
Xandot
Re: Large Data into Page [message #624442 is a reply to message #624386] Mon, 22 September 2014 14:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Xandot
Can i put interactive report instead of sql report?

Yes, but you are limited to one interactive report per page. As the requirement says that you should have 7 simultaneous reports on the page, IR won't work, I'm afraid.

I just wonder what users actually see out of 7 reports on the page. Either they have 100" screens, VERY sharp sight (because of the VERY high screen resolution which makes letters VERY small), or the requirement is wrong.

The holy trifecta affects your users too.
Previous Topic: format mask for number
Next Topic: Directed Tree using APEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:28:13 CDT 2024