Home » Other » Marketplace » WEB - Oracle development transition
WEB - Oracle development transition [message #612146] Sun, 13 April 2014 10:20 Go to next message
friember
Hello, everybody. My First post here. I would like to hear your advice/thoughts about the following:
I was writing soft. with Oracle 11g pl/sql professionally along with WEB interface for about a year, then project ended up
and I continued doing what i'm doing to this day - WEB development. I haven't used Oracle for about 7-8 months now,
but the opportunity emerged to switch completely from WEB to Oracle development and never get back to WEB.
The problem is I'm developer with 4 years of WEB development and only 1 yra Oracle, so my experience would be not so big,
especially having in ming that Oracle is way more complex than WEB, am I right ? They offer similar salary, but the main
advantage of DB development I think is that it's more challenging, more respected profession and companies who hire them
are frequently more serious than WEB companies. Second advantage - focus on only one technology - which i think is better,
than dealing with multiple WEB technologies, constantly changing web browsers and having to write user interface, which is
not programming at all... And third advantage - I'm quite a bit sick and tired of WEB development, feeling like i'm not progressing...

I would like to hear your opinion, for instance, if you are seasoned pl/sql developer - how does it feel to be such ?
Re: WEB - Oracle development transition [message #612167 is a reply to message #612146] Mon, 14 April 2014 00:05 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that you have already made a decision, so - if you only need someone to gently push you into that direction, here you go. Push!
Previous Topic: New versions of export tools for Oracle dump files have been released
Next Topic: Business Intelligence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:35:53 CDT 2024