Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Creating PeopleSoft Environment (PTOOLS 8.49)
Creating PeopleSoft Environment [message #606409] Thu, 23 January 2014 07:24 Go to next message
chethanm007
I am trying to create a peoplesoft environment on Windows 7. I have installed Oracle 11.2.0.4, Peopletools 8.49, Tuxedo 9.1, Weblogic 9.2 server and HRMS module. I am trying to populate the data or create peoplesoft database. Due to space constraints i am not able to populate tables. I am trying to move the control files, datafiles and redologs to other network drive and then create a control file.
I backed up the current control file and then started to create the new one in the network location. It doesn't recognize the path when i try to execute the script. It says path invalid.
But when to connect to the path from run->CMD, I am able to locate the path.

Can any one tell me if we can create the control files in the network ? I have already moved all other files to that new drive.
Re: Creating PeopleSoft Environment [message #606418 is a reply to message #606409] Thu, 23 January 2014 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears that your current problem is how to relocate database files, so I'm moving your question to our Server Administration forum. I believe that you'll get assistance. Then, if necessary and if you still have PeopleSoft issues, we can move the question back here (or split the topic, or ... We'll see).
Re: Creating PeopleSoft Environment [message #606425 is a reply to message #606409] Thu, 23 January 2014 11:58 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You don't need to do all that, it is much simpler:
1/ Move the control files and other ones to target locations
2/
a) If you use an init.ora file then modify the control_files parameter in it.
b) If you use a spfile then start the instance in NOMOUNT mode, then modify the spfile using ALTER SYSTEM command
3/ Start the instance in MOUNT mode (either STARTUP MOUNT or ALTER DATABASE MOUNT depending on previous step)
4/ Use ALTER DATABASE to rename all files to their target location
5/ Open the database using ALTER DATABASE OPEN

Note that, on Windows, Oracle is not designed to work with network drives.

Previous Topic: Oracle home directory full
Next Topic: Archive log issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:45 CDT 2024