Home » Other » Training & Certification » Get a free voucher for the 1Z1-062 beta (Oracle 12c)
Get a free voucher for the 1Z1-062 beta [message #596370] Sat, 21 September 2013 15:20 Go to next message
matthewmorris68

Yesterday a certification manager from Oracle University emailed me five vouchers for the beta exam 1Z1-062: Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration. The vouchers are mine to distribute to readers of my blog. Since I think there are currently two people that read my blog regularly... I only need three more readers in order to find homes for all of the vouchers. Smile

It was left up to me to decide how to distribute the vouchers. I decided to make it a contest based on the type of research skills that will help OCA candidates become better DBAs. Google is your friend. Find anywhere from one to five articles, white papers, videos, etc. that are relevant to topics on the 1Z1-062 exam. Create a comment on the blog post with the URLs. I'll select five people that I feel submitted the best set of sources to receive the exam vouchers. The blog post with more details (and some rules) is here:

http://ocprep.blogspot.com/2013/09/your-chance-at-free-voucher-for-1z1-062.html

The exam topics for 1Z1-062 are here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-062#tabs-2
Re: Get a free voucher for the 1Z1-062 beta [message #596707 is a reply to message #596370] Wed, 25 September 2013 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Well I'm going to really date myself here. I keep thinking of the old Looney Tunes cartoon where this guy finds a singing frog. He rents a theater and puts a sign out front offering tickets to see the singing frog for $10 apiece... no one comes. He drops the price to $5 apiece... no one comes. He drops the price to free... no one comes. He adds 'Free Beer' to the sign and is trampled by people rushing into the theater.

...except here I started with the Free Beer (OK -- free voucher). So far one person has added a link, and one other just gave an email address and said 'send me a voucher'. Plenty of people have read the post, but so far there's only one valid entry for the vouchers, leading me to wonder:

1. Are there that few people interested in taking the 1Z1-062 beta?
2. Are there that few people that are willing to spend ten minutes Googling for sources?

Until more than four people add valid links to the post, simply commenting with any valid source for that exam will earn a voucher.

I see that Tim Hall at Oracle-base has another five vouchers for the exam. He's got people writing really bad poetry to get one. Looks like he only has four distinct takers so far. Given that his Oracle-Base blog has been around a wee by longer than my OCPrep blog, perhaps I should be happy I have one taker. Smile
Re: Get a free voucher for the 1Z1-062 beta [message #596711 is a reply to message #596707] Wed, 25 September 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Great initiative! In my younger days I would have jumped to get a free voucher.
Lately, however, I would think twice before torturing myself like this Smile
Re: Get a free voucher for the 1Z1-062 beta [message #596946 is a reply to message #596711] Fri, 27 September 2013 13:59 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
Lately, however, I would think twice before torturing myself like this

I'm no great fan of betas myself. Heck -- I wrote an article about them on my blog to that effect. However, as with you, I've been doing Oracle long enough now that the price difference isn't enough to make it worth the extra effort. Also, my employer reimburses me for test fees, so there's really zero incentive as far as I'm concerned.

That said, since this is Admin I -- most people taking this exam would theoretically be new to Oracle and probably interested in saving some money. Even I would take a free exam near the end of of the beta period. The only cost to me would be some of my time. For my investment of time I would get a look at all of the questions, learn what my weaknesses are, and be able to work to shore those up before the production exam became available in the event that I failed the beta. Hard to locate a downside...
Previous Topic: the best obiee training institutes in hyderabad
Next Topic: Oracle SOA Course @ 15 USD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:29:32 CDT 2024