Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle 12c installation not progressing (Oracle 12c Release 1, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit)
Oracle 12c installation not progressing [message #591263] Fri, 26 July 2013 01:11 Go to next message
Barbara Boehmer
My Oracle 12c Release 1 installation on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop seems to be stuck or hung or whatever you call it. After downloading file1 and file2 from OTN using wget, I copied the files to c:\oracle12c directory, renamed them so that they are zip files winx64_12c_database_1of2.zip and winx64_12c_database_2of2.zip that Windows can recognize, without the authparams used by wget. I unzipped both, extracting all files, and they are now in the c:\oracle12c\database directory. I double clicked on c:\oracle12c\database\setup.exe and the installer started. My computer overheated and shut down abnormally. I restarted my computer. Then started over with clicking on setup.exe, using dbhome_2, instead of dbhome_1 that was used in the aborted installation. My computer met and passed all of the prerequisites. I followed all of the steps carefully. It finished the Oracle database installation, finished with the Net Configuration Assistant, then started the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant. The task bar has been stuck at 86% for at least a half hour now. Clicking on details shows:

Details

[Edit MC: Add spoiler to shorten very long message]

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2013 01:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle 12c installation not progressing [message #591282 is a reply to message #591263] Fri, 26 July 2013 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Since the OTN forums resolved my download issue, I also posted my installation issue there:

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2563949
Re: Oracle 12c installation not progressing [message #591303 is a reply to message #591282] Fri, 26 July 2013 04:13 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
The Windows Task Manager, under Applications, shows Database Configuration Assistant Running. I don't see any log files in the c:\oracle12c directory or any of its sub-directories. However, it finally dawned on me to check and see what I could find and do and guess what, I found OraDB12Home1 and Application Development and SQL*Plus and connected as sysdba, unlocked the scott acount, connected as scott/tiger and behold everything works, as shown below. So, I guess it finished even if it doesn't look like it.

SQL> select banner from v$version;

BANNER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

CORE    12.1.0.1.0      Production

TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> select * from scott.dept;

DEPTNO DNAME          LOC

---------- -------------- -------------

10 ACCOUNTING     NEW YORK

20 RESEARCH       DALLAS

30 SALES          CHICAGO

40 OPERATIONS     BOSTON

SQL>

I tried to post the above on the OTN forums, but I keep getting an error, so I think I will go to bed and try to post there again later.
Previous Topic: Unable to continue Oracle 11g Release 2 installation
Next Topic: Cannot Configure Listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:39:21 CDT 2024