Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Oracle Performance Test Tools (Oracle 10.2, 11.2)
Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589497] Mon, 08 July 2013 00:43 Go to next message
snowball

Hi, Guru
We have a project need to be compare with different planform hardware along with Oracle database performance. Now is there any Oracle Performance Test Tools to help testing some key performance benchmarks for comparing.

Thanks very much.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 July 2013 00:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589506 is a reply to message #589497] Mon, 08 July 2013 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can use Orion or SLOB or TPC benchmark.

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589515 is a reply to message #589506] Mon, 08 July 2013 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snowball

Hi, Michel
It seems that Orion and SLOB are only a tool for testing storage related.
And TPC benchmark is a benchmark, and it's not a tool.
Is there any stress tools can do simple and accurate to report on which machine(hardware) db performance is good ?
I only heard of loadrunner(from HP), but not use this tool.
Because client wants a simple(easier to operate) and can easily generate report to compare which hardware with Oracle DB are good.

Thanks very much.
Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589518 is a reply to message #589515] Mon, 08 July 2013 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
And TPC benchmark is a benchmark, and it's not a tool.

Then you have the scripts on the web to execute this benchmark, and so it is a performances tool.

Quote:
It seems that Orion and SLOB are only a tool for testing storage related.

You didn't specify what "compare with different planform hardware" means, as IO performances are the most important in databases, I assumed this is what you want.
If this not, then clearly specify what you want.

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589524 is a reply to message #589518] Mon, 08 July 2013 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snowball

Quote:
You didn't specify what "compare with different planform hardware" means, as IO performances are the most important in databases, I assumed this is what you want.
If this not, then clearly specify what you want.

I mean different hardware vendors (IBM, HP, DELL, etc) offer their hardwares for us to test which will perform best with our DB.
But the question is how can I (using what kind of tools) to do the tests (like stress test and other test) that prove which will make our DB run stable and high performance on these hardwares.

Thanks very much.
Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589528 is a reply to message #589524] Mon, 08 July 2013 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
But hardwares are CPU, memory, disk, io controllers, network...
As I said, the most important for database is io subsystem.
I provided you some tools, you can find many others on Google with some search.

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle Performance Test Tools [message #589530 is a reply to message #589528] Mon, 08 July 2013 05:34 Go to previous message
snowball

Ok. thanks
Previous Topic: SQL & PL/SQL Performance Tuning
Next Topic: Efficient Way to Alter Column For TDE.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:02:00 CDT 2024