Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame (10g R2, Windows7)
a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582078] Sat, 13 April 2013 00:35 Go to next message
7anona
Hello every one,
my report is a kind of an invoice.
I have a repeating frame wich displays each item and its quantity and price
the second frame is a fixed frame which will display the total and price after discount.
both frames are enclosed in the same frame.
I made space beteewn the two frames so the second frame always prints in the same place
when I run the report the second frame appears in the second page
and the first frame (items in invoice) appear in the first page.

I've tried to change the vertical and horizental properties of the frames but the report is still the same

(I'm a begginer in Report building
please assist Sad )
Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582131 is a reply to message #582078] Sat, 13 April 2013 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
And the question is ...? I'm afraid I didn't get it. *Maybe*, just maybe, anchor is what you are looking for.
Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582138 is a reply to message #582131] Sat, 13 April 2013 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7anona
thanks for reply,
I want to get the items and their total printed in the same paper if they
fit in the space between the two frames. In my report, even if I have two items, I get the items in the first paper
and total in the second paper. the second-frame(total)base-print-on property is set to anchoring object.
Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582141 is a reply to message #582138] Sun, 14 April 2013 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7anona
I've deleted the frame of total.
Now the total prints in all pages.
I've changed the print-object-on property to last page but
it raises an error rep-1216 illegal print condititon
Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582142 is a reply to message #582141] Sun, 14 April 2013 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I want to get the items and their total printed in the same paper if they fit in the space between the two frames

Between? I can't imagine how your report looks like. Could you post a screenshot of the Paper Layout Editor?

Generally speaking, I don't see a problem in what you do: the first frame displays items and prices. The second frame displays totals. Both of them belong to the same "master" frame.

All of them should have horizontal elasticity set to "fixed" and variable elasticity set to "variable". Master frame should have the Page protect property set to "yes".

Any improvement after you set the whole thing up as I suggest?
Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582665 is a reply to message #582142] Sat, 20 April 2013 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7anona
report layout
http://im32.gulfup.com/LU7SA.png

the upper fields will display items and their prices and other info.
the three lower field are the sum of prices before and after discount
and discount amount (not enclosed in a frame )

items are displayed properly I just want the sum in last page

Re: a fixed distance between two frames enclosed in the same frame [message #582667 is a reply to message #582665] Sun, 21 April 2013 01:10 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is an invoice report (or, at least, looks like one).

When you use the Report Wizard, one of its steps ask whether you'd want to create summary fields for fields involved in the report. I'd suggest you to choose the one you are interested in. Wizard will then create a default layout (ugly, but working). Then, when you make sure that it displays everything you need, make the report fancy.

True, you might play with it and move the summary field "here" and "there", set properties to different values, whatever - but, the outcome is questionable because it appears that you don't really know how to do that.

Therefore: use the Wizard. Let it do its job. Review what it did, try to remember field position and properties so that you'd be able to do that manually next time.
Previous Topic: REP-0801 when increasing the Height/Width of paper layout header,main or trailer
Next Topic: RPT2XLS :: SQL OUTPUT :: 3 SHEETS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:16:47 CDT 2024