Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Repository Creation Utility (11g on windows 7)
Repository Creation Utility [message #562525] Thu, 02 August 2012 00:40 Go to next message
Osafa
Hi gurus,

i am facing porblem while installing creating rcu for obiee 11g. I am trying to create the repository on my personal comp.. where I have installed oracle db 11g . I am stuck at the "database connection details page" where i am getting the error ---"Listener refused the connection with following error. ORA-12528, TNS:listener : all apprpriate instances are blocking new connections."

the following are the credentials i am providing :

Database type : Oracle database
Host Name : zzz123-PC
Port : 1521
Service name : orcl.com
username : sys
password : sys
role : sysdba

kindly help at earliest as i am stuck with for last 3 days.

Tnx.....
Re: Repository Creation Utility [message #562535 is a reply to message #562525] Thu, 02 August 2012 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Test the logon with SQL*Plus, before you try to connect with the RCU. Like this:

sqlplus sys/sys@zzz123-PC:1521/orcl.com as sysdba

what happens? copy/paste is the best way to show.
Re: Repository Creation Utility [message #562541 is a reply to message #562525] Thu, 02 August 2012 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Osafa
Hi John,

I tried what you said but the result is the same...

i am attaching the screenshort for the same...
Re: Repository Creation Utility [message #562543 is a reply to message #562541] Thu, 02 August 2012 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Osafa
Hi, here is the entry for my tns and the listener ora files...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: D:\app\zzz\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = CLRExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)

ORCL =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl.com)
)
)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
# listener.ora Network Configuration File: D:\app\zzz\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

ADR_BASE_BI_LISTENER = D:\app\zzz

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\app\zzz\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
(ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:D:\app\zzz\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\oraclr11.dll")
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
)
)

ADR_BASE_LISTENER = D:\app\zzz
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Repository Creation Utility [message #562549 is a reply to message #562543] Thu, 02 August 2012 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Test the listener using the address on which it is listening:

sqlplus sys/sys@localhost:1521/orcl.com as sysdba
Re: Repository Creation Utility [message #562551 is a reply to message #562549] Thu, 02 August 2012 02:56 Go to previous message
Osafa
John,

i still got the same response..."ORA-2528: TNS Listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections".
Previous Topic: Oracle Journals
Next Topic: Oracle Smart View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:48:03 CDT 2024