Home » Other » Training & Certification » to get oracle certification
to get oracle certification [message #559318] Mon, 02 July 2012 07:49 Go to next message
gouthamijasti
hi all,to get orcale certification that is ocp,ocm is it necessary to join training classes at oracle university...what are the other certifications available for oracle...please let me know...thank you.
Re: to get oracle certification [message #559320 is a reply to message #559318] Mon, 02 July 2012 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Did you have a look at Oracle University?
Did you search in our forum?

Regards
Michel
icon5.gif  Re: to get oracle certification [message #559381 is a reply to message #559320] Mon, 02 July 2012 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gouthamijasti
ya..i saw that,but i want to prepare on my own .so i wanted to know the possibilities of getting certification without joining in oracle university!!!
Re: to get oracle certification [message #559388 is a reply to message #559381] Tue, 03 July 2012 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It is all explain in the link, so if you read it you know the answer.

Regards
Michel
Re: to get oracle certification [message #559514 is a reply to message #559388] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Not all OCP certifications require training. The Administrator OCP track does, the Developer OCP track does not. For the Admin track, you can only get to the OCA level without training. Also, the OCE (Expert) certifications do not require hands-on training.

So without training, you could do the following:
You could get the Admin OCA with 1Z0-051 & 1Z0-052
You could then get the Developer OCP with 1Z0-144 & 1Z0-146 (a SQL test is also required which 1Z0-051 would meet)
You could then get the OCE certification for SQL Expert by taking 1Z0-047.

Three Oracle certifications, five tests. Theoretically, you could do it in four by taking 1Z0-047 instead of 1Z0-051, but SQL Expert is a tricky test and you'd best know your SQL well before taking. I wrote an article comparing the two here: http://www.gocertify.com/articles/oracle-sql-certification-1z0-051-or-1z0-047.html
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569851 is a reply to message #559514] Fri, 02 November 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajesh4851
Dear friends,
I am planning to take this exam : 1z0-146 : Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL
Can you share me any training material for this exam? Pls don't give any hyper links, I need PDF/doc.

Regards,
Rajesh
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569898 is a reply to message #569851] Fri, 02 November 2012 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

>Can you share me any training material for this exam? Pls don't give any hyper links, I need PDF/doc.

Well two things. Any PDFs or Word Doc files are almost assuredly going to be copyrighted material and therefore illegal to share. Second -- this is the Web -- how were you planning on getting said (illegal) files if someone doesn't give you a hyperlink to them?

I've collected a set of free (and legal) articles on topics relevant to 1Z0-146 at the website I created to support my series of Oracle certification guides. The topics covered for that test include:

- Defending Against SQL Injection Attacks
- Using Associative Arrays
- Using Collections?
- Processing Explicit Cursors
- Implementing a Security Policy
- Using Cursor Variables
- Improving Application Performance Using Result Cache for Database 11g Release 1
- Fine-Grained Access Control: Overview
- How PL/SQL Calls a C External Procedure
- Using Cursor Variables
- Calling a Java Class Method by Using PL/SQL
- Using Nested Tables

Unfortunately all that the site contains is hyperlinks to the relevant articles and therefore is useless to you.
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569928 is a reply to message #569898] Sat, 03 November 2012 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
/forum/fa/1626/0/
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569930 is a reply to message #569928] Sat, 03 November 2012 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
@LF, I bet you have been waiting years for an excuse to use that emoticon!
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569932 is a reply to message #569930] Sat, 03 November 2012 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oh, no - I have used it already. Once, I think /forum/fa/10057/0/
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569933 is a reply to message #569932] Sat, 03 November 2012 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/battle/crushed-3.gif
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569973 is a reply to message #569928] Sat, 03 November 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

So am I the left-side of that see-saw, the right-side, or the unfortunate individual underneath? Smile
Re: to get oracle certification [message #569983 is a reply to message #569973] Sun, 04 November 2012 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think of you as both the left and the right side, while Rajesh is a poor, unfortunate soul.
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570006 is a reply to message #569983] Sun, 04 November 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Excellent. I can do good. I can do evil. I'll have to do some work on my diabolical laugh, though.
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570028 is a reply to message #570006] Sun, 04 November 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajesh4851
Quote:
I've collected a set of free (and legal) articles on topics relevant to 1Z0-146 at the website I created to support my series of Oracle certification guides. The topics covered for that test include:

Hi Matthew,
I appreciate your effort for this.

Pls provide me that link Smile
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570035 is a reply to message #570028] Sun, 04 November 2012 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

The website is http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com

Click on Exam Info under Site Navigation, and then click on 1Z0-146 in the list of exams on that page. There are five sections to the page: Oracle Education Links, Oracle Documentation links, Third-Party Resources, Oracle Learning Library Links, and Web Articles. Some tests have more links than others. Depends on how much time I've been able to allocate to it.
icon5.gif  Re: to get oracle certification [message #570425 is a reply to message #559318] Fri, 09 November 2012 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gouthamijasti
hi...i have been working on mysql for 3 months now and i want to get certified in oracle..
i'm not sure what to write mysql or oracle..as a beginner what kind of test would be good ?
any kind of guidance would be helpful...please mention the code of exam i can attend..
thanks in advance... Smile
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570429 is a reply to message #570425] Fri, 09 November 2012 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Please excuse me for stating the obvious, but if you have been studying MySQL, then it would seem probable that you are better prepared to sit the MySQL exams than the Oracle exams.
All the details of exams are available on http://education.oracle.com/certification
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570433 is a reply to message #570425] Fri, 09 November 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

>...i'm not sure what to write mysql or oracle..

While what John says is true... three months of experience in MySQL isn't a huge investment of time. The question is whether to invest further time in MySQL or Oracle. I'm an Oracle DBA/Developer and have been for just under 18 years, so you can assume that I'm just a bit biased towards that platform. That said, when you look at the job openings for MySQL vs those for Oracle, a few things stand out (to me at least). From a completely unscientific search of job listings in my area this morning I see:

- The number of openings for Oracle-related positions is much higher (401 vs 121 -- although I'm sure a number of both are duplicates from competing recruiting firms). A number of the Oracle positions will be for Oracle apps, which isn't really apples-to-apples.
- The pay for Oracle positions tends to be higher. 1/2 of the MySQL positions were between 40k-50K, but only 1/4 of the Oracle ones were.
- The Oracle positions tend to expect you to know Oracle. The MySQL positions expect you to know MySQL and several other technologies (i.e. Ruby on Rails, PHP, Javascript, AJAX, DHTML, JQuery, LAMP). That's not to say that Oracle listings never ask for additional skills, but more often Oracle is the core skill they want and the others are 'nice-to-haves'. From the listings I've looked at, much of the time MySQL is the 'nice-to-have' and the core skill they are looking for is one of the others in the list.

From what I've seen, MySQL tend to be used when a company doesn't consider the data important enough to pay for an Oracle license. When a company wants an enterprise-class database -- they use Oracle.

That said, it's often hard for newbies to get a job working with Oracle *because* the data is critical and companies want experienced individuals. Ii is likely easier for a newbie to land a MySQL position without having years of experience than to land a position working with Oracle. Working with MySQL for a couple of years might be an excellent route to getting the experience to move into a position working with Oracle. I can't say -- I've never tried.

>...as a beginner what kind of test would be good ?

For Oracle, if you are starting out with SQL, then the entry test for Oracle is generally 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I.

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-051&p_org_id=1001& ;lang=US

For MySQL, there are a couple of options that you can find at the link John gave.
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570458 is a reply to message #570433] Fri, 09 November 2012 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gouthamijasti
hi john and matthew,
thanks for your suggetsions ,now i have decided to write MySQL 5 Certified Associate Exam--1Z0-870.(matthew i hope, after working for 2 years i can shift to oracle as it has more oppurtunities!!!)
basing on links you have given and in one of links at bottom it was mentioned like this certification needs coaching.is it so?
can you please provide me material or link to prepare for this certification..
if it is possible please tell me how many exams & certifications are there for mysql certification..should they be done in particular order?(based on levels starter,intermideatory..)
once again thanks for your reply before..
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570461 is a reply to message #570458] Sat, 10 November 2012 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

1Z0-870: Oracle Certified Associate, MySQL 5 is generally considered to be a fairly basic entry-level exam on MySQL. No classroom training is required in order to get the certification. Frankly I'd recommend using the topics shown in the Oracle Education page for this test and the MySQL documentation (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/)to prepare for the exam.

The available MySQL certifications follow. You can use the Oracle Education website to find the associated tests.

Oracle Certified Associate, MySQL 5
Oracle Certified Expert, MySQL 5.1 Cluster Database Administrator
Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Database Administrator
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer
Re: to get oracle certification [message #570462 is a reply to message #570461] Sat, 10 November 2012 00:48 Go to previous message
gouthamijasti
hey matthew...thanks for your quick reply...i'l go through that link now..have a great day...
Previous Topic: What is enrollment number, where to find it
Next Topic: How Can I Be a OCA ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:48:43 CDT 2024