Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » select list of values from parameter form (Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2, windows 7)
select list of values from parameter form [message #557172] Sat, 09 June 2012 23:58 Go to next message
7anona
Hello to all..
I am trying to select multiple values from a parameter form based on a select statement.
I created the parameter and write the select statement under list-of-value property
However what I want is to let users choose multiple values from the select statement not only one
value.
Re: select list of values from parameter form [message #557177 is a reply to message #557172] Sun, 10 June 2012 03:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you can't do that (or, at least I don't know how to do it).

However, here's a possible workaround: create a form (using Forms Builder). Its source should be a table you used in a report parameter (or, if this statement selects values from different tables, make data block's source a view or a FROM clause query.

Besides a value, create a checkbox for each of them: if it is checked, you'd use that value in a report. Once you're done, push a button (or do something similar) which will insert checked values into a table (you'd have to create it too).

The rest is easy - report would just look into that table and use these values in its WHERE clause.
Previous Topic: Graph - Repeating Frame (Change dynamically Y & X axis title )
Next Topic: Through report hyperlink can we see report output in a separate browser window.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:33:20 CDT 2024