Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports Parameter Form Questions - Fields Missing (Oracle Reports Developer 10.1.2.0.2, Unix, 10 G database)
Reports Parameter Form Questions - Fields Missing [message #556374] Sun, 03 June 2012 13:14 Go to next message
TX_developer
Hi,

I am working on an existing report. When I run it I get a parameter form with some system parameters and two user parameters (date from and to). When I open the Paper Parameter Form in the Reports Developer, it is blank - no fields. Also the "Field" menu item under the "Paper Parameter Form" does not have a little "+" sign. I am confused as to where these fields I am seeing at run time are located.

Also, I added a new user User Parameter and it automatically (or automagically) showed up on the parameter form at run time although I did not physically add it to the parameter form in the developer. Would love an explanation as I am new to all this and learning on the go.

Thanks,
~k
Re: Reports Parameter Form Questions - Fields Missing [message #556377 is a reply to message #556374] Sun, 03 June 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Reports Builder creates a "default" parameter form (the one you see now). If you add a new parameter, it is - as you said - automagically added to the list (unfortunately, to its end so it may happen that parameters will spread through two, three or more parameter form screens; there are left & right arrow buttons at the top of the parameter form that are to be used during runtime to switch parameter screens).

It also offers an option to create your own one - it can be done via Paper Layout Editor - from the top toolbar, you'd choose "Parameter Form" and create it just as you create the report itself - using the left toolbar you'd create a field, its label or whatever you want.

The first option ("default" one) is usually used when you, actually, pass parameters via form (created in Forms Builder) so that the end user don't even see it. The latter one (the one you create) is used when you let users see the parameter form and enter parameters directly into it.
Re: Reports Parameter Form Questions - Fields Missing [message #556382 is a reply to message #556377] Sun, 03 June 2012 15:35 Go to previous message
TX_developer
Thank you for that explanation...makes sense.
Previous Topic: pass parameters
Next Topic: Tuning Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:54:08 CDT 2024