Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Not enough values in prompts (Oracle Business Intelligence 11.1.1.5.0)
Not enough values in prompts [message #539878] Thu, 19 January 2012 01:09 Go to next message
JulEr
Good day to everybody!
I've encountered the following problem -
In Prompt setup in "Limit values by" I choose previous prompt which has values of another dimension. As a result -
combining 2 fact tables seems to give only intersections in the second prompt, though in the Answer itself I get all the values - see the attached screen.
Could anyone possibly answer - why this happen and how to solve the problem?
THanks a lot!/forum/fa/9730/0/
  • Attachment: results.jpg
    (Size: 180.20KB, Downloaded 2164 times)
Re: Not enough values in prompts [message #562995 is a reply to message #539878] Tue, 07 August 2012 12:33 Go to previous message
skooman
Could it be that one of these fact tables is set as you main/default fact table for the subject area? Or alternatively, none of them is.
The fact that you need two fact tables to show those colum values together worries me, because those columns are not related, let alone hierarchical. And that is what limit balues by is intended to use on. So, if you insist you can accomplish this by setting the default fact table, nut i would review the model and specifically the tables where these dimension columns come from, perhaps they should be in one table?
Previous Topic: TopN analysis not displaying column in rank order for main report
Next Topic: Format-Numbers in Stacked Bar chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:07:57 CDT 2024