Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to change from Portrait to landscape report (Oracle Report Builder 10g)
how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518823] Sun, 07 August 2011 15:26 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
I am modifying one report which was in Portrait fashion. Now I had added more details and make the report to print in Landscape fashion. I had changed the parameters of header, body and trailer under Page Output heading in Oracle Report builder 10g. like making width 11, height 9.5 and printing fashion as Landscape. But I am having a problem. The report is printing in landscape but half of the report came on the paper and half remain empty. I have tried to adjust the scale but this didn't help me. Can I correct this report or I have to make new one with landscape fashion from the beginning?

i can send the report if someone really want to see.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518835 is a reply to message #518823] Mon, 08 August 2011 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You set "paper size" to be landscape; now you have to (manually) readjust frames and fields so that they reflect that paper orientation. Reports Builder won't do that automatically.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518848 is a reply to message #518835] Mon, 08 August 2011 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
i have changed the frames sizes and positions and the report is printing in landscape fashion but half of the report does not print on the paper. the report doesnt give any error like something is outside the frame. And I forget to mention that if i changed the orientation of the paper in Page Setup it works very fine. but this problem arises when i run the report from Oracle Forms i mean through some procedure.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518855 is a reply to message #518848] Mon, 08 August 2011 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
half of the report does not print on the paper

Which half? Right? Bottom?

Did you (in Reports Builder - Object Navigator - Data Model - System parameters - Orientation) set value to "Landscape"?

As of Forms: how do you call the report? Did you set the ORIENTATION parameter?
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518857 is a reply to message #518855] Mon, 08 August 2011 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
the left half. the report comes to paper with some blank space and then the right part (Start portion) of the report.

this parameter set as default. I didn't change anything in it. I changed only the parameters (like width, height and orientation) in the header, main, trailer section under Paper layout.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518867 is a reply to message #518857] Mon, 08 August 2011 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
The image
  • Attachment: IMAG0033.jpg
    (Size: 848.74KB, Downloaded 2566 times)
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518868 is a reply to message #518857] Mon, 08 August 2011 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Change "default" to "landscape" (I'm not saying that it'll fix the problem, but that's what you really SHOULD do).

What about the rest of my question?
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518871 is a reply to message #518868] Mon, 08 August 2011 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
Please see the image so that you will be more clear what my problem is.

ok i will do that thing. and the procedure is also taking care by changing that orientation parameter. there is no problem with printing landscape, it is printing in landscape fashion but half of the report only printed.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518878 is a reply to message #518871] Mon, 08 August 2011 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The image you attached: it appears that the whole "output" should be moved right. I don't know what might be the culprit here ... do other documents (for example, from MS Word or PDF) whose orientation is "landscape" print correctly? Did you install the latest driver?
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #518888 is a reply to message #518878] Mon, 08 August 2011 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
yes everything is perfectly fine. some other reports are also working fine with same everything. As I mentioned early that when I set the Landscape fashion in (File -> Print Preview -> Page Setup) then the report comes out fine. Anyways thanks for your concern i think i had to shrink the report and make it Portrait.
Re: how to change from Portrait to landscape report [message #541606 is a reply to message #518888] Wed, 01 February 2012 05:26 Go to previous message
lacchhii

hi,

I too am facing a similar problem. i have identified where the problem is, but i am not able to edit the page size.

In paper layout i changed the page size in header, main and trailer section A4 to A3 size . My original report was in A4 size where the report width was 80 for A4 size . i made it as 132 and the changed the layout also accordingly.

But in the data model > system parameters > orientation the width shows 80 and hence when i print it only prints till the a4 size and left is not getting printed.

It does not allow to edit the width in system parametes. could any one help me out in this matter.

thanks in advance
Previous Topic: Error message when passing the report parameter from command line
Next Topic: SQL Union All
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:38:27 CDT 2024