Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Backup Sync problem (Oracle 10g Windows)
Backup Sync problem [message #517629] Tue, 26 July 2011 23:55 Go to next message
whmemon

Dear fellows,

I am new to oracle, and want to manage a huge database.
What i want to do is to place copies of data base and application at stand alone machines and all the updates and data entries are made on that machines, at day end and to sync that whole data to a main centralized database.

This will be done on daily basis.

Is there any way to solve this type of problem in oracle ?

Any detailed tutorials will be great help for me !

Thanks
Waseem
Re: Backup Sync problem [message #517638 is a reply to message #517629] Wed, 27 July 2011 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Many.

Streams
Materialized views
Standby database (Data Guard), either physical or logical
Manual Replication (scripts)

Read Database Advanced Replication
Chapter 1 Introduction to Advanced Replication

Regards
Michel

Re: Backup Sync problem [message #517649 is a reply to message #517629] Wed, 27 July 2011 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Waseem, this is an ambitious project for someone "new to oracle", as you put it. You may want to consider using some consultancy services to assist.
There is another option to add to Michel's list, which is almost certainly the one that Oracle will recommend: GoldenGate. Be aware that there are licensing implications for some of these optins, and that any advice may be driven by motivations that are commercial, as well as technical and functional.

Re: Backup Sync problem [message #517650 is a reply to message #517649] Wed, 27 July 2011 01:41 Go to previous message
whmemon

Thanks,

I have already worked with MySQL and also done replication in MySQL database. So i think it will not be hard for me.

next think i need 64 bit version of Oracle Enterprise Manager, because i m running Windows 7 on 64 bit machine.

Would any body tell me that from where to download 64 bit OEM, at oracle only 32 bit is available?

Thanks
Waseem

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2011 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Archivelog backup details from RMAN
Next Topic: Deffered Segment Management + RMAN Backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:06:29 CDT 2024