Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Problems deploying and executing with a user with proper tablespace (OWB,11gR2, XP 32 bits)
Problems deploying and executing with a user with proper tablespace [message #508382] Fri, 20 May 2011 13:45
ilharco
Hi there,

Recently I've done some mappings in OWB 11gR2 and I notice there, when importing Oracle modules there is no check box to distinguish between what's a source module and what's target like ins the previous releases. I did it anyway and I've chosen the "module status" Development for both source and target modules.

All the mappings deploy and execute correctly, but after, many iterations, the user's tablespace associated with the target (or stage area) was saying that tempfile couldn't be incremenented. As is is requested, for me, to create speficic tablespaces for the target user, I've created it like this:

CREATE TABLESPACE indw DATAFILE 'C:\IN\tablespaces\indw.dbf' SIZE 512M AUTOEXTEND ON;
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE indwtemp TEMPFILE 'C:\IN\tablespaces\indwtemp.dbf' SIZE 128M;
CREATE USER indw IDENTIFIED BY indw DEFAULT TABLESPACE indw TEMPORARY TABLESPACE indwtemp;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO indw;
-- Grant this role to be able to import a dump file
GRANT IMP_FULL_DATABASE to indw;
-- Grant this role to be able to export to a dump file
GRANT EXP_FULL_DATABASE to indw;
/* To create a database directory, a user requires the CREATE DIRECTORY and DROP DIRECTORY privileges.
When you create a Warehouse Builder user, these privileges are not automatically granted 
to the user. Therefore, the database administrator must explicitly grant these privileges 
to the Warehouse Builder user.*/
GRANT CREATE ANY DIRECTORY TO indw;
GRANT DROP ANY DIRECTORY TO indw;
-- Prevent user from using space in the system tablespace:
ALTER USER indw QUOTA 0 ON system;
COMMIT;

but then I've changed it:
alter database tempfile 'C:\IN\tablespaces\indwtemp.dbf'resize 512m;
alter database tempfile 'C:\IN\tablespaces\indwtemp.dbf'autoextend on;

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but my datafile grew till 7 GB!!!And I'm pretty sure that the schema with the data (academic size)doesn't occupy all of that space...I don't understand why it's growing so much since I use OWB :S

1 - How could be the best way to create a specific tablespace and datafile, with autoextend on , but perhaps with increment parameters,etc.

This is my basic OWB project configuration:
- Log in and do all with the rep_owner user like in the OWB Tutorial, which has all the permissions;
- The Oracle source module is in a remote machine;
- The Oracle target module is in localhost.

2 - The 3 mappings that didn't execute successfuly in my machine, did executed well on a machine, with the same project, but with a target user created with all the default stuff.

Perhaps I've screwed it doning with that script....but it's very , very weird or am I missing something?

Previous Topic: Problem deploying a post procedure in a mapping
Next Topic: Error Data Correction on Step 3 of 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:10:50 CDT 2024