Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle Database Gateway installing on Oracle 8
Oracle Database Gateway installing on Oracle 8 [message #507696] Tue, 17 May 2011 09:44 Go to next message
branetm
I know this may sound impossible, but i have managed to do it, and the best thing is that it works perfectly!

But i do a lot of work-arounds to make sure the installation does not make corrupt my OracleAgent,OracleService and OracleDataGatherer. If i just let the installation do its thing i have problems with my libraries, and can't start anything.

The errors are : Procedure entry point 'BlaBla' could not be located in the Dynamic Link library 'AnyName'.

I notice that i have 2 versions of the libraries in \OracleHome\BIN (one version 8, one version 11). The programs that start the OracleAgent,Service and DataGatherer call the old libraries but expect to find values that can be found only in new libraries. Do you know some way to fix this? maybe deleting the old libriries? (not a smart idea iknow Very Happy)

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thank you,
Branko
Re: Oracle Database Gateway installing on Oracle 8 [message #507697 is a reply to message #507696] Tue, 17 May 2011 09:46 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

Regardless of what you do V8 Oracle does NOT inter-operate with V11 Oracle!
Previous Topic: Listener configured at Non-Default Port
Next Topic: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:10:59 CDT 2024