Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Timezone and SET UNTIL for Recover (Oracle 10gR2 on AIX 6.1)
Timezone and SET UNTIL for Recover [message #507461] Sun, 15 May 2011 22:26 Go to next message
eclipsis
Hello,

I'm in the process of testing a restore/recover from a simulated full system and media loss. A level 0 backup was taken from the server, and I'm trying to restore/recover to a point in time on a second server. I have created the database (with the same name) and have been able to successfully restore both the controlfile and spfile from the autobackup.

My question is this: how does RMAN treat the "set until time"? The level 0 was taken on a database/server that is in CST while the database I'm trying to do a restore/recover to is in EST. So when trying to do a point in time recovery, should I specify the time in EST or CST?

Thanks for any insight, I haven't been able to find this discussed in the documentation.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 22:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Timezone and SET UNTIL for Recover [message #507462 is a reply to message #507461] Sun, 15 May 2011 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

If possible I would set the OS/system time to be CST. (Old backup since now should be CDT?)

Was backup taken while DB was online?
Re: Timezone and SET UNTIL for Recover [message #507466 is a reply to message #507461] Mon, 16 May 2011 00:48 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Afaik, RMAN does not care about time zone, it uses current time and recorded time.
Execute a "list backup" and you will know the time it will use.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Control file
Next Topic: weird error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:29:23 CDT 2024