Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Problem to connect from client to server (ORACLE 9i Windows XP)
icon4.gif  Problem to connect from client to server [message #504278] Fri, 22 April 2011 22:34 Go to next message
zamal783

I have a database named DBKNIT and my server name is USMSERVER, But i cant login to the PLSQL from my client PC , there is an error :
ORA-12514:TNS:listner could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

Please help me on this issue

B/R

Zamal
Re: Problem to connect from client to server [message #504281 is a reply to message #504278] Fri, 22 April 2011 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
ORA-12514:
TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
Cause: The listener received a request to establish a connection to a database or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener specified a service name for a service (usually a database service) that either has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has not been statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary condition such as after the listener has started, but before the database instance has registered with the listener.
Action:

- Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.

- Check which services are currently known by the listener by executing: lsnrctl services <listener name>

- Check that the SERVICE_NAME parameter in the connect descriptor of the net service name used specifies a service known by the listener.

- If an easy connect naming connect identifier was used, check that the service name specified is a service known by the listener.

- Check for an event in the listener.log file.

Its a FAQ .
Please search before posting.

ROD
Re: Problem to connect from client to server [message #504287 is a reply to message #504281] Fri, 22 April 2011 22:52 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>ORA-12514:TNS:listner could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor
a common cause is that the DB has not been started

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Previous Topic: extract tnsnames.ora path using SQLPlus
Next Topic: ORA-12154 ODBC Connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:05:16 CDT 2024