Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » po stuck inprocess status (Oracle Purchasing, 11.5.10,solaris 10)
po stuck inprocess status [message #486678] Sat, 18 December 2010 07:16 Go to next message
yoonus.it@gmail.com
Hi,

I have an issue with one of our po's. When a user was trying to approve a po the application threw an error "unable to extend applsys.wf_item_statuses by 512 in tablespace applsysd". The table space issue has been resolved now but the po remains in inprocess status so i thought retrying the errored item will fix the issue. when i queried the wf_item table to see particular workflow item i could not see the item there in the table but po_headers_v table has wf_item_key value in the column. Can you any body guide me to solve the isuue.

Looking forward to your supporting..

Warm Regards
Yoonus
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486691 is a reply to message #486678] Sat, 18 December 2010 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

the way you describe it, the workflow item has been purged. But tell us the queries you used to find the workflow item.
Did you search only in WF_ITEMS, or also on the DOCUMENT_ID from WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES?

Regards,

Arian
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486696 is a reply to message #486691] Sat, 18 December 2010 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yoonus.it@gmail.com
select * from wf_item where item_key ='8977-37430';
no records
select * from wf_item_activity_statuses where item_key = '8977-37430';
no records

and now i have queried the table you mentioned also

select * from WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES where name item_key = '8977-37430' ;
no record
but if i query as you said ( i hope ho_header_id is the document_id)

SELECT * FROM WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES where name = 'DOCUMENT_ID' and number_value = 8977 ;

the result shows this item key - 8977-34267 but po_header_v.wf_item_key shows 8977-37430
so the item key at po level is different.

Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486736 is a reply to message #486696] Sun, 19 December 2010 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

the performance of your queries will be better when you include the item_type (POAPPRV).

But if you do have a workflow item, with your document_id, then that is likely the workflow active for your item.

Check to see, if this item is still in process:
select * from wf_item_activity_statuses wias, wf_process_activities wpa where wias.process_activity=wpa.instance_id
and wias.item_type='POAPPRV' and wias.item_key='8977-34267' 
order by begin_date,execution_time;

Since this is a lower ID, probably it is an item that has completed already. If it has not, then you might want to restart this item.

The item_key from po_header can be off, when a PO was submitted twice, through a customization, or when the approval is from a change request on PO or Requisition.

Regards,

Arian

Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486743 is a reply to message #486736] Sun, 19 December 2010 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yoonus.it@gmail.com
I am really sorry Arian, i made a mistake while doing that query yesterday, actually i forgot to include item_type and i did not pay attention to that column at all.

So the item_key i posted in last reply was for another purchase requisition.

SELECT * FROM WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES where name = 'DOCUMENT_ID' and number_value = 8977 and item_type = 'POAPPRV' ;

the result for the above query returns no nows. if this is the case, does that mean a workflow did not start for this po?

Regards,
Yoonus

[Updated on: Sun, 19 December 2010 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486847 is a reply to message #486743] Mon, 20 December 2010 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

ok. That makes sense then. But the query on WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES guarantees that there exists NO workflow item for this PO.
Either it didn't start, or it was purged.

That leaves you with a PO that is in Process. Your next action depends on whether you use encumbrance accounting, and whether the PO is encumbered.
What does the Action History of the PO say?
If the PO is not encumbered, you could reset the Authorization status, and restart the approval process.
If the PO is already reserved, that might be tricky.

Can you test it on a test-environment?

Regards,

Arian

Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #486999 is a reply to message #486847] Wed, 22 December 2010 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yoonus.it@gmail.com
Hi Arian,

How can i check if the po is encumbered?. The action history shows
0) submit
1) action is blank and performed is showing same user as 0

"If the PO is already reserved" what does this mean. What do you want me to test this on test? i am just cloning the system for testing this case.

I am sorry if i am asking very basic level question, i don't have very good knowledge of purchasing yet.

Regards,
Yoonus
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #487551 is a reply to message #486999] Tue, 28 December 2010 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

sorry for the delay. Holiday season Smile

The encumbrance is a separate step in the action history. Since it only shows submit, it's safe to assume nothing else happened.

Can you try to set the authorization_status in po_headers_all to 'INCOMPLETE', and see if you can submit the PO?

Regards,

Arian
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #572308 is a reply to message #487551] Mon, 10 December 2012 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bimal_kaur
Hi Arian,

What if the change history shows that some change was requested and there has been no further response on the change requested.
Also, the owner of the action is no longer active in the system?

Thanks
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #572325 is a reply to message #572308] Mon, 10 December 2012 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

With the owner of the action you mean the person requesting the change?
It sounds as if the change was submitted, but the change process never completed. Either because of a workflow error, or because somebody didn't approve/reject the change.

You should check the status of the change request first. It will probably be stuck somewhere. When you solve that, the PO will still be updated to reflect the change, regardless of the person who initiated the change.

Regards,

Arian
Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #572642 is a reply to message #572325] Fri, 14 December 2012 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bimal_kaur
Thanks Arian!

Actually the POAPPRV workflow have been purged..And
1)there are 2 POs as there approved_flag is R. However the status is showing as Inprocess. -> think this can be changed to Requires reapproval with Oracle's script Change type here is Modification

2) Some POs have been modified after approval and they are not approved after change.the change is of type cancellation.The approvers are still in company and can approve the POS.

3) cancellation type change request. User no more with company.

so..since POs are in "In Process", with workflows purged, and Change requests with action_type in either Cancellation or Modification state, would it fine to run the script to turn them in to Requires Reapproval state?

Regards
Bimal

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 06:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: po stuck inprocess status [message #572646 is a reply to message #572642] Fri, 14 December 2012 08:36 Go to previous message
bimal_kaur
I ran the following statement

select ref_po_num PO_Num, ref_po_rel_num Rel_Num, document_num Req_Num,
change_request_id CR_Id, change_request_group_id CR_Grp_ID,
last_update_date, document_line_number Doc_Line_Num, action_type,
request_reason, request_status status from apps.po_change_requests where ref_po_header_id in
(select po_header_id from apps.po_headers_all where segment1 in
(PO_NUMBER)
and org_id in (ORG_ID))
and document_type = 'REQ' order by last_update_date
Previous Topic: Oracle R12 Slow Performance in OEL5.8 64bit
Next Topic: Approval group's members list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:10:32 CDT 2024