Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Application Express & Oracle HTTP Server Authentication (Apex 4.0)
Application Express & Oracle HTTP Server Authentication [message #480325] Fri, 22 October 2010 08:05 Go to next message
chris32680
Hi All,
Did some searching and didn't find any info on how to do this, so i am hoping someone here might know.

We already have the Oracle HTTP server installed and working with our applications and DB (11g), and now we want to install Application Express so that we can incorporate some of its features with our current web apps.

The issue i'm coming up with is how to install apex on the ohs so that our users can login to website and then be able to call an apex app without having to a re-login. We want to make sure that any average joe can't access our apex apps obviously, we just want the integration between those and our existing apps to be seamless.

Is there a recommended way to do this? Is it in the Apex config or OHS config?

Thanks all.
Re: Application Express & Oracle HTTP Server Authentication [message #480565 is a reply to message #480325] Mon, 25 October 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Try searching for SSO in http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=137

Re: Application Express & Oracle HTTP Server Authentication [message #480991 is a reply to message #480565] Thu, 28 October 2010 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
Hi, I think you are referring to single sign-on system, as you do in Oracle technology network (OTN). This topic is well discussed in Oracle Application Server forums and discussions. You can integrate Oracle Apex with Oracle Application Server(OAS), and OAS has Single sign-on system . So to have your answer you need to see Oracle Application Server documentations.

Regards

Hasan Al Mamun
Re: Application Express & Oracle HTTP Server Authentication [message #481024 is a reply to message #480991] Fri, 29 October 2010 06:45 Go to previous message
chris32680
Thanks Hasan.
I will definitely check that out.
Previous Topic: array in htf.anchor2
Next Topic: Arabic problem in Apex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:50:43 CDT 2024