Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » reinstall oracle server using existing d:\oracle\product,, (10.2.0; win2008)
reinstall oracle server using existing d:\oracle\product,, [message #477084] Tue, 28 September 2010 06:58 Go to next message
sojus
hi,

can anyone please give pointers howto to setup an oracle server and "import" my old databases just from the copied directory structure d:\oracle\product\... ("cold backup") to the new install.
i was trying to setup an new server by shutting down the db and just copying back my data/control/log/*.ora files which doesnt seem to work.
i could see the old tables structures in the local sqlplus console, but the databases are not reachable over the net.
also the enterprise manager is not able to startup the dbs, it show just an running listener.

any hints and pointers are highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

best regards
Re: reinstall oracle server using existing d:\oracle\product,, [message #477092 is a reply to message #477084] Tue, 28 September 2010 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: reinstall oracle server using existing d:\oracle\product,, [message #477105 is a reply to message #477092] Tue, 28 September 2010 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sojus
just to explain my situation, i was asked by someone who accidently changed the partiton table on a db server to get back their data. after doing this the next question was to reinstall the db server...

regarding the install:

version/os: oracle 10.2.0.4 x64 on win2008

just to make sure what is the relevant data fir the task:

config files:

init.ora listener.ora tnsnames.ora sqlnet.ora

dbs:

D:\_backup\_recover_d\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\db1 with files:
control01-03.ctl
redo01-03.log
sysaux01.dbf
system01.dbf
temp01.dbf
undotbf01.dbf
users01.dbf
D:\_backup\_recover_d\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\dbx

------------

question about the procedure for reinstall / import old data:

-install a clean oracle hserver to D:\oracle\product\10.2.0
(with default options, no demo dbs or something?; is there a way to see what options where used when installing the old server)
-shutdown the db
-copy over the recovered dirs (see above) to D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata
-copy over resp. edit config files (*.ora, see above)
-restart the db server
-connect the recovered/imported dbs local or remote

can i assume that this procedure should work normally?

best regards
Re: reinstall oracle server using existing d:\oracle\product,, [message #477129 is a reply to message #477105] Tue, 28 September 2010 22:10 Go to previous message
jesuisantony
Can you do the following commands and check if it executes
successfully?

tnsping "string_name" 
lsnrctl status --- > Are you able to see the database name in the status?

Regards,
Antony
Previous Topic: rman:06556
Next Topic: Find max seq# in v$archived_log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:37:55 CDT 2024