Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig (oracle9iAS 1.2 / window server 2000)
application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #475829] Fri, 17 September 2010 23:16 Go to next message
nitinbane
we add demo90.jar to formsweb.cfg
to use getclientip functionality in our application

now when we run the application from client
on few clients it shows jinitiator warning and ask whether to trust the certificate
if replied with <always trust> then it works fine
but on some client machine application just hangs without asking
/ showing any warning
what could be the issue

thanks in advance

NITIN

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 23:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #475851 is a reply to message #475829] Sat, 18 September 2010 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Maybe some users (whose computers issued the warning and you replied "always trust") are administrators, while the others are not. Check it.

If I was right, you don't have to make them administrators - just log off and log on as administrator (there must be an administrator account!), run the application. It should automatically download and install JInitiator, issue the warning (you'll, of course, reply "always trust"). Once the application is running, turn everything off, log off and log on as an "ordinary" user. This time, it should work with no problems.

Though, if I was wrong, no further ideas so far.
Re: application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #475857 is a reply to message #475851] Sat, 18 September 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitinbane
jinitiator is already installed on all the machines
we were using other applications on the server but those applications does not use demo90.jar file
Re: application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #475869 is a reply to message #475857] Sat, 18 September 2010 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I saw that the fact that JInit is installed doesn't guarantee that it'll work forever. Sometimes - rarely, but sometimes - I just had to do what I explained in my previous post.
Re: application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #475991 is a reply to message #475829] Mon, 20 September 2010 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
nitinbane wrote on Sat, 18 September 2010 00:16

but on some client machine application just hangs without asking
/ showing any warning
what could be the issue

See if the popup for whether you want to trust the certificate is behind another window. We have had that happen.
Re: application hangs without asking jinitiator warnig [message #477247 is a reply to message #475991] Wed, 29 September 2010 12:54 Go to previous message
nitinbane
sorry guys
my mistake, i had used java call in < when new form instance > trigger
when i changed it to < post field > trigger it started working fine. java bean needs canvas drawn on windows before using it.

thanks for help
Nitin
Previous Topic: Installing OracleAS Middle Tier
Next Topic: engineresponsetimeout problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:54:59 CDT 2024