Home » Other » Training & Certification » eplanetlabs oracle certification??? anybody use this?
eplanetlabs oracle certification??? anybody use this? [message #459394] Fri, 04 June 2010 10:45 Go to next message
Kevin Meade
eplanetlabs oracle certification

Anyone know if this is worth the 58$?

If not, do you know of any test simulators or question sets that are worth their cost?

My company has been outsourcing teams one-by-one and they have finally made it to my group. Looks like I will soon be in the job pool again so getting updated certifications has taken on a higher piority for me.

I am most interested in these certifications:

SQL CERTIFIED EXPERT
PLSQL DEVELOPER ASSOCIATE
11G DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR ASSOCIATE

If you have any advice to offer, it is appreciated.

Kevin

[Updated on: Fri, 04 June 2010 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eplanetlabs oracle certification??? anybody use this? [message #459451 is a reply to message #459394] Sat, 05 June 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hi, Kevin - I wrote (with a buddy) the Oracle Press exam guides for 10g and 11g DBA. I've read your posts, and learnt a lot from them. You don't need to buy any books or simulators. Just do the exams.
The only advice I might be able to give is on exam technique, I'm working it up into an article which isn't ready yet, so I'll PM you with what I have.
Re: eplanetlabs oracle certification??? anybody use this? [message #459458 is a reply to message #459451] Sat, 05 June 2010 10:53 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
I await your advice with great anticipation. Thanks for the encouraging words. I was thinking mostly that "practice makes perfect" so what I am really interested in is practice exams. They give me exactly what you are referring to, a chance to refine my exam technique before taking the exams. It is kind of like the MENSA exams. MENSA exams have a flavor to them. You need to learn how to think a different way in order to do reall well in them. The best way to get this thought process down is by practice.

The Oracle exams are similar in the sense that a practice round or two and you are in the right mind set. So that is what I want, the opportunity to practice once or twice before actually taking the exam. I remember the Oracle 7 certification exam (yes my cert is that old) was hard and very BACKUP/RECOVERY oriented. I pass it, but I guessed on many of the questions. If I had taken some practice exams I might even have studied a few areas before taking the exam.

My interest in getting re-certified has a lot to do with my pending employment. My company has been doing the outsourcing thing heavily based on the managed service Model concept. They finally got around to my team and if it goes like all the other teams, then most of the DBA / BA / DEVELOPER / MAINTENANCE positions will be outsourced. I expect about and 80/20 split with 80% of the workforce overseas, and 20% in the States, such that there will be about 1 local person for every 4 to 5 offshore persons. The odds of my being laid-off in the next 12 weeks is pretty good.

With that in mind having some current certifications may help me find new employment in Connecticut (Hartford/New-London area) and should be easy enough to get.

Kevin
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms Traning Center
Next Topic: query related
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:31:08 CDT 2024