Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore DB for Service Desk application (9i)
Restore DB for Service Desk application [message #454478] Wed, 05 May 2010 16:30 Go to next message
lello
hello Experts,

please excuse my ignorance.

I have a backup DB for oracle 9i for a customer which contains these folders (admin, database, oradata). The name of the instance is servdesk & the user is SDUSER

I have installed oracle 9i & created an instance with the same name servdesk & created a user SDUSER as DBA.

What are the steps that I should perform?

1- Shutdown the instance?
2- Replace all the backup folder with the new ones??? or just i need to add the content of the oradata folder to the new one?
3- Then what? what do I need to do?

These are the files of the oradata from the backup:
CONTROL01.CTL, CONTROL02.CTL, CONTROL03.CTL, REDO01.LOG, REDO02.LOG, REDO03.LOG, SDREPO_DATA.ORA, SDREPO_INDX1.ORA, SDUSER_DATA.ORA, SDUSER_INDX.ORA, SYSTEM01.DBF, TEMP01.DBF, UNDOTBS01.DBF (13 files)

Here are the files of the newly installed db with same instance:
CONTROL01.CTL, CONTROL02.CTL, CONTROL03.CTL, REDO01.LOG, REDO02.LOG, REDO03.LOG, CWMLITE01.DBF, DRSYS01.DBF, EXAMPLE01.DBF, INDX01.DBF, ODM01.DBF, SYSTEM01.DBF, TEMP01.DBF, TOOLS01.DBF, UNDOTBS01.DBF, USERS01.DBF, XDB01.DBF (17 files)

What i am saying if i add the files of the backup & replace the existing ones ... do I need to do anything else? or i just need to startup the instance & that's it?
if I need to do any changes please tell me how (steps with the commands... )

please help..

I know for you it's very easy... but i really need your help.

Thanks
Re: Restore DB for Service Desk application [message #454479 is a reply to message #454478] Wed, 05 May 2010 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I know for you it's very easy... but i really need your help.
You don't know, what you don't know.

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

"9i" is a marketing label; not an actual version.
The software (Oracle binaries) need to be the EXACT same version to 4 decimal places as existed on original DB.

post directory listing of the files contained in the 3 backup folders.
Re: Restore DB for Service Desk application [message #454802 is a reply to message #454479] Fri, 07 May 2010 10:26 Go to previous message
ThomasG
Also, the backup script would be helpful.

From the folder layout, it could be either a cold backup or a user managed hot backup, which would require slightly different restore techniques.

(You might even get lucky and find a "restore" script in the location the "backup" script was)
Previous Topic: target and auxiliary have different OS and version of Oracle
Next Topic: undo segment needs recovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:52:55 CDT 2024