Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to recreate Standby DB from Primary(Active) (Production,Oracle 10g)
How to recreate Standby DB from Primary(Active) [message #442120] Thu, 04 February 2010 14:45 Go to next message
OrakulNewB
Hi,

I have the following senario.

I have a active and standby DB using datagaurd. Now since the standby DB had a disk full situation we had to remove the flashback and archivelogs etc. So what we would like to do is to, rebuild the Standby DB from the Active DB, when I use RMAN

I was getting all kind of errors about ,so i did

CROSSCHECK BACKUP;
delete expired backup;
DELETE ARCHIVELOG ALL ;

But now i get this.

crosscheck archivelog all;

released channel: ORA_DISK_1
allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=2173 devtype=DISK

I would like to know what is the best was to bring the database from the active DB, without using the Standby's backup,archivelog etc.

Thanks a lot for your help

a NewB
specification does not match any archive log in the recovery catalog
Re: How to recreate Standby DB from Primary(Active) [message #442150 is a reply to message #442120] Fri, 05 February 2010 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
entekeralam
If you are looking to recover standby from missing archive log files, check this article...

http://dbaregistry.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-recover-standby-database-from.html
Re: How to recreate Standby DB from Primary(Active) [message #442233 is a reply to message #442150] Fri, 05 February 2010 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OrakulNewB
Hi enteKeralam

Nanni for your reply,

that Technote don't have the whole steps, after step 6 .

Can you please provide it.

Thanks a lot again

/Cheers
Sajan

Step 6: At Standby .. Replace standby controlfile at all location as shown by controle_files parameter.

Copy the standby control file to the standby site. Shutdown the stanby database and replace the stanby controlfiles and restart the standby database in managed recovery mode...

Note: - FOR STANDBY DATABASES ON ASM additional steps is required after replacing the stanby control file. Like renaming datafiles...
Labels: Recovery : Standby recovery from missing archivelog
0 Comments... Click here to Reply:
Re: How to recreate Standby DB from Primary(Active) [message #442241 is a reply to message #442233] Fri, 05 February 2010 20:09 Go to previous message
entekeralam
At standby...

SQL> Show parameter control_file

e.g. If it shows /u01/oradata/control01.ctl,/u01/oradata/control02.ctl

then replace the above files with one created in step 7

Restart recovery

SQL> recover managed standby database disconnect;
Previous Topic: Database upgrade process and steps
Next Topic: insufficient privilleges..when connecting target
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:32:04 CDT 2024