Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Cloning Oracle Clusterware (Oracle,10204,RHEL 4 update 6)
Cloning Oracle Clusterware [message #441907] Wed, 03 February 2010 17:23 Go to next message
areeb
Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to clone 10204 clusterware home running on RHEL 4 using oui(Perl script)i followed the doc download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b16227/oui7_cloning.htm but i have a confusion about specifying the location of OCR and Voting disk during cloning process
perl clone.pl ORACLE_HOME=<$CRS_HOME> ORACLE_HOME_NAME=Oracle_home_name '-On_storageTypeVDSK=2' '-On_storageTypeOCR=2' '-O"sl_tableList={new_node:new_node-priv:new_node-vip}"' '-O-noConfig''-O"INVENTORY_LOCATION=central_inventory_location"'
where and how do i specify the location?Please let me know .

Thanks
Re: Cloning Oracle Clusterware [message #442125 is a reply to message #441907] Thu, 04 February 2010 19:29 Go to previous message
areeb
I want to know, if during oracle clusterware clone, do we need to copy OCR and voting disk also to target node along with the CRS & Oracle binaries? I checked the oracle documentation and they have not mentioned it anywhere. If we should not copy the OCR and voting disks then how these files will get created on target node.
Previous Topic: Separate table and index data in RAC
Next Topic: RAC replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:28:35 CDT 2024