Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Help with pivot table design, example report (OBI 10.1.3.4.1, Win 2003 Server)
Help with pivot table design, example report [message #420052] Wed, 26 August 2009 14:00
cardel
Hello,
I have problem with creating new report. I have source data table (tables) with trainings (courses). I have informations about trainings, person who visited training, last date of training, next date of traning ... I need to form this kind of source data -> SOURCE DATA to report that looks like this -> DESTINATION REPORT . I think, that I need to use pivot table view. But I have 2 problems with it:
1) In some month, there haven't to be any training and this month will not be in pivot table column. I think that I will need some "calendar" table with all year dates, that will be connected to my date column. Is this the right way to do this?

2) I need to fill date of training to pivot table cell. But there must be some measure (some number, sum, count...), but date column can not act as measure.

Do someone have some tips, how to design this kind of report?

Thanks
Previous Topic: Executing Procedure in xml
Next Topic: differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:38:29 CDT 2024