Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Rolling forward the archivelog and online redo logs to the restored database (Oracle 11g, Version: 11.1.0, OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0)
Rolling forward the archivelog and online redo logs to the restored database [message #407455] Wed, 10 June 2009 04:23 Go to next message
sarith
Hi all,

I'm currently using Oracle db11g on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0. I make an incremental level 0 one time a week and incremental level 1 everyday. I can restore this backup on my new Linux server without any problems because I have all archive logs generated after level 1 backup.

However, if online redo log is not yet filled (I mean that I have some redo info in the online log), how can I use this online log to roll forward to my restored database on the new Linux server? I don't want to lose the valuable information that is not yet archived.

Best regards,
Sarith
Re: Rolling forward the archivelog and online redo logs to the restored database [message #407477 is a reply to message #407455] Wed, 10 June 2009 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
After rman completes all his recovery job, switch to manual recovery in SQL*Plus and give the name of the online redo log(s) when it asks for an archived one.

Regards
Michel
Re: Rolling forward the archivelog and online redo logs to the restored database [message #407480 is a reply to message #407455] Wed, 10 June 2009 05:34 Go to previous message
ebrian
Why would you have valuable information in your redo logs that is not yet archived ? What happened to your database ? RMAN can apply from the redo logs too.
Previous Topic: limit of catalog in RMAN
Next Topic: DBPITR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:00:36 CDT 2024