Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » flashback database to how far back ?
flashback database to how far back ? [message #402265] Fri, 08 May 2009 04:52 Go to next message
tridentadm
I believe the flashback features would be capable with undo management and amount of undo-retained (undo_retention). Is this correct ?

Q. How far back can we do a flashback a database ? Can we determin by any view (or any other method) ?

Q. Also if we run a 'flasback database..' is there any way to know howmuchwork done and howmuchwork pending ?

Re: flashback database to how far back ? [message #402269 is a reply to message #402265] Fri, 08 May 2009 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I believe the flashback features would be capable with undo management and amount of undo-retained (undo_retention). Is this correct ?

It depends on which flashback feature you want to use, there are many some based undo some not.

Quote:
How far back can we do a flashback a database ? Can we determin by any view (or any other method) ?

Still the date you activate the feature.

Quote:
Also if we run a 'flasback database..' is there any way to know howmuchwork done and howmuchwork pending ?

Precise your question.

Regards
Michel
Re: flashback database to how far back ? [message #402344 is a reply to message #402269] Fri, 08 May 2009 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tridentadm
Quote:

Quote:

Also if we run a 'flasback database..' is there any way to know howmuchwork done and howmuchwork pending ?

Precise your question.

Regards
Michel

Eg.

-- Flashback 5 minutes.
CONN sys/password AS SYSDBA
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE
FLASHBACK DATABASE TO TIMESTAMP SYSDATE-(1/24/12);
ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS;

Question : Is there any view or log from where I can check how-much of flashback-recovery is done (or is pending)
OR How much time it will take for the recovery to finish ?

Hint : Similar to view V$session_longops
Re: flashback database to how far back ? [message #402346 is a reply to message #402344] Sat, 09 May 2009 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can't open a second session. Does this answer your question?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 09 May 2009 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: flashback database to how far back ? [message #402408 is a reply to message #402346] Sun, 10 May 2009 00:06 Go to previous message
tridentadm
Yes. I do understand that.

But maybe there is no log or some-thing I guess.

thx for help, anyways.
Previous Topic: delete a obsolete/non-obsolete backup ?
Next Topic: Urgent Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:28:05 CDT 2024