Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Compile problem with JDAPI 10g (10.1.2)
Compile problem with JDAPI 10g [message #399084] Mon, 20 April 2009 08:28 Go to next message
Kaeluan
Hi,

We are using form JDAPI to automatically compile and translate our forms module from english to french.

Everything work fine for the translation but our problem seem to be the compilation.

We are using code like this

FormModule fmb = FormModule.open(filename);

Jdapi.connectToDatabase(connectstring);

try {
       	fmb.compile();
	} catch (JdapiStatusException e) {

My question is the following: Does the fmb.compile execute an incremental compile or a full compile of the module. Because actually it seem to do an incremental compile because from time to time some form crash at runtime but if we open the FMB and compile all then build, everything is fine.

Any info about this will be appreciated.

Thank
Re: Compile problem with JDAPI 10g [message #399478 is a reply to message #399084] Wed, 22 April 2009 07:14 Go to previous message
Kaeluan
Only to let you all know.
I opened a SR with oracle about my question.
Here is the answer i received:

Quote:

QUESTION
========
What is the compilation used by the compile method of the FormModule Object in JDAPI?

ANSWER
======
It uses the default compile type, which is incremental compile. There is no option to change this method to compile all.

If compile all is required, then the form needs to be compiled using the FRMCMP utility.

Quote:

UPDATE
======
Hi Martin,

Please refer to the answer section above, i have got the confirmation from the product management that the compile method used in JDAPI will only do an incremental compile(as good as CTRL + T) from builder and there is no option to change this.

Previous Topic: Embed xml data into html page
Next Topic: problem with Oracle object type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:20:23 CDT 2024