Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » datafile copy (Oracle10g,Linux)
datafile copy [message #395783] Thu, 02 April 2009 10:14 Go to next message
sundarfaq
Hi,

In my work environment, the various kinds of demo schemas (banking domain, healthcare domain) are running in demo database server. My business analysts are shows demo for client. During the demos, they are doing some DDL, DML operations in demo schemas. After completed demos, the demo schemas are comes to older stage (not databases). For example, the banking demo will start by 14-apr-2009 at 10.00AM. The banking demos will be completed by 14-Apr-2009 at 12:00 AM.
I want to banking demo schema comes older stage (i.e. 14-apr-2009 at 10.00AM.).

They are three options available for this scenario
1) Exp and imp options.
2) Data file copy.
3) Using flashback technology.

I think, exp and imp options are best option for this scenario. Can u tell me the how to copy data file and paste the data file .please suggest me? please give me the proof which options is best one because I need to submit documents to my supervisor.

Can you tell me the any options for it?
Re: datafile copy [message #395789 is a reply to message #395783] Thu, 02 April 2009 10:25 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You cannot just copy and paste datafiles unless you are refreshing the whole database.
You can plug ang play if you use transportable tablespaces properly with some restrictions.
>>After completed demos, the demo schemas are comes to older stage (not databases).
You may want to explain what that means.
>>please give me the proof which options is best one because I need to submit documents to my supervisor.

This is just a forum.
We can talk about something. Discuss pros and cons.
But cannot do it for you.
What might work in my environment may not work for you.
You have to test in your safe environment and produce supporting documents.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 April 2009 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ORA-01991: invalid password file
Next Topic: What's the recommended guideline on backing up a recovery catalog?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:04:46 CDT 2024