Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to reset Used Flash Recovery Area Size (GB) ? (10.1.0.5.0 - Windows)
How to reset Used Flash Recovery Area Size (GB) ? [message #385411] Mon, 09 February 2009 08:04 Go to next message
playitsafe
Been playing with RMAN backup and restore scripts. How can I get the User Flash Recovery Area size to reset after files are purged off the disk. I tried using crosscheck backup and then "delete noprompt obsolete" and "delete noprompt expired", but that number never seems to move, only increases as additional logs are written.

I'm not using Oracle Backup. My files are getting backed up every night to tape using a network backup. I would like to keep 3 days worth of files online, and then have the RMAN backup the files from the disk.

I'm not having any luck. Files keep growing, there must be a parameter that is not set correctly, just can't find it.

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 08:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to reset Used Flash Recovery Area Size (GB) ? [message #385910 is a reply to message #385411] Wed, 11 February 2009 19:32 Go to previous message
ebrian
You need to set an appropriate retention policy in order for the DELETE NOPROMPT OBSOLETE to work in the manner you wish.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2009 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Recover Database
Next Topic: RMAN duplicate database restore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:14:52 CDT 2024