Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file
Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file [message #384735] Thu, 05 February 2009 00:25 Go to next message
Himanshu.Padmanabhi
I created backup on the remote server using OEM backup(giving destination for backup as "\\remote_ip\share_name\")

Now I want restore script(Either from OEM or mine) to recover/restore from this remote created backup.

Where should I need to give the path so that it will take this remote backup and restore on local machine?

Here's my RMAN restore/recover script,

RMAN>

run {

shutdown immediate
startup nomount
set until SCN=348981;
restore controlfile;
alter database mount;
restore database;
recover database noredo;
alter database open resetlogs;

}

I am a total beginner to this oracle DBA side...Sad
So please forgive me if I am going wrong somewhere.... Sad
Re: Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file [message #385384 is a reply to message #384735] Mon, 09 February 2009 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>Where should I need to give the path so that it will take this remote backup and restore on local machine?
I have no idea to do with OEM (because I do not use it).
With simple RMAN command line, this should work (so as with OEM).
the remote share should be accessible to the server where you are calling from.
Say, \\remotedrive should be seen from the local machine.
That is it.
Re: Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file [message #385390 is a reply to message #384735] Mon, 09 February 2009 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu.Padmanabhi
run {

shutdown immediate
startup nomount
set until SCN=348981;
restore controlfile;
alter database mount;
restore database;
recover database noredo;
alter database open resetlogs;

}

Where is the code here that will tell take backup file from "\\remote_server\share1"?

Or there is some another command set for that?
Re: Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file [message #385397 is a reply to message #385390] Mon, 09 February 2009 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You do not need to specify anything.
RMAN ***knows*** where it created the backup (reads the information from your controlfile/RMAN configuration).
Just make sure that ***place*** is visible to RMAN from where ever you are calling.
Re: Recover/Restore using Remote_Server backup file [message #385401 is a reply to message #384735] Mon, 09 February 2009 06:54 Go to previous message
Himanshu.Padmanabhi
Thank you very much
Previous Topic: How to load data to Oracle Database using sql * loader?
Next Topic: Exp Oracle9i user/schema (Error 19206 encountered)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:08:39 CDT 2024