Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Unable to take Archivelog backup using RMAN (Solaris 10/ Oracle 10.2.0.4)
Unable to take Archivelog backup using RMAN [message #380912] Wed, 14 January 2009 00:36 Go to next message
it_me24
Dear All,

We are configuring the rman for our production database, everything works fine except the archivelog backup.

Earlier we used to follow the backup strategy like putting database in a backup mode and then taking the backup directly onto the tapes using the HP DP software, and once the backup is completed successfully, we are removing the archive logs that are generated before the backup started keeping last 10 archive there.

Now if we are issuing the rman command
backup database plus archivelog;
RMAN is asking for the archivelogs which we have already deleted after taking the backup(not RMAN backup).

We have bounced the database , and also mounted the database in noarchivelog mode and then again in archivelog mode, but then again oracle is looking for the previous archivelogs.

We have al the archivelogs since the last database restart and since the database was mounted back in archivelog mode.

This issue is restricting us to take the database backup including the archivelogs.

Any Suggestions will be highly appreciated!!

Regards
Maddy.
Re: Unable to take Archivelog backup using RMAN [message #380933 is a reply to message #380912] Wed, 14 January 2009 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it_me24
Issue resolved,,,,anyways thanks
Re: Unable to take Archivelog backup using RMAN [message #380935 is a reply to message #380933] Wed, 14 January 2009 03:11 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
it_me24 wrote on Wed, 14 January 2009 10:10
Issue resolved,,,,anyways thanks

How?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2009 03:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle Secure Backup: Tape hardware compression - Problems with tape driver config
Next Topic: RMAN Backup & Recovery Setup Through EM on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 00:54:47 CDT 2024