Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Generating marked up HTML with Intermedia
Generating marked up HTML with Intermedia [message #366400] Sat, 13 November 1999 17:58 Go to next message
David Smith
The biggest problem I've encountered so far with Intermedia is the time it takes to generate a marked up document ready for display. Some of my HTML files are >100K but it can take the MARKUP procedure 15 seconds or longer to generate the document with highlights. Is anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Users won't wait that long.
Re: Generating marked up HTML with Intermedia [message #366402 is a reply to message #366400] Thu, 18 November 1999 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunil
Please confirm that the 15 seconds delay is happening due to Highlighting by comparing the timings between a higlighted and a non-highlighted document.
Re: Generating marked up HTML with Intermedia [message #366405 is a reply to message #366402] Sat, 20 November 1999 11:01 Go to previous message
David Smith
Without highlighting there is no delay.

It can actually take MARKUP as long as 30 seconds to prepare the first document from the results list. If the same document is selected a second time MARKUP is relatively fast: 1 or 2 seconds. If you move to another document there is also a one time cost but not as bad as 30 seconds. Perhaps 2 to 5 seconds depending on the size of the document.

I guess it's a matter of getting stuff loaded into cache. Still I'm surprised - It thought it would have been faster.
Previous Topic: How to insert in blob/raw a .doc/.xml
Next Topic: InterMedia IIS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:48 CDT 2024