Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN restore PRD to QA, different DBID, different location (Oracle RDBMS- 9.2.0.7 - Linux)
RMAN restore PRD to QA, different DBID, different location [message #360158] Wed, 19 November 2008 20:06 Go to next message
shayna
I us RMAN to backup PRD and QA.
I need to refresh QA with PRD database.
How do I restore PRD to QA using different sid/dbid and different data file locations/directories?

Looking for step to do this.

Help on step not sure if this is correct?
--rman / target
run {
set DBID <number would be for QA>
startup nomount
restore controlfile from '/u01/oracle/product/ora10g/dbs/c-3932056136-20070213-02' ;
alter database mount ;
---Rename the Redologfiles--
SQL> alter database rename file '/u01/oracle/product/log/redo01.log' to '/u02/oracle/test/log/redo01.log';
---restore the datafiles to new locations and recover--
set newname for datafile '/u01/prd/data/sys01.dbf' to '/u02/oracle/test/data/sys01.dbf';

restore database;
switch datafile all;
recover database;
alter database open resetlogs;
}

Re: RMAN restore PRD to QA, different DBID, different location [message #360159 is a reply to message #360158] Wed, 19 November 2008 20:47 Go to previous message
ebrian
Two options you can consider:

Option 1
Set DB_NAME to QA in the init file for the duplicate. Then, issue your duplicate command as:

DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO QA;

You'll also need to supply the appropriate FILE_NAME_CONVERT, CONFIGURE AUXNAME or SET NEWNAME parameters/commands.

Option 2
Use the process indicated in Restore and Recovery of the Database on a New Host and then use the nid utility once the database is restored/recovered on the new host.
Previous Topic: DUPLICATE DATABASE keep failing with ORA-00235
Next Topic: Slow Backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 06:04:58 CDT 2024