Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore one schema with RMAN (AIX5L, Oracle 10.2.0.3)
Restore one schema with RMAN [message #357751] Thu, 06 November 2008 08:13 Go to next message
Cowon_d3
Hi

We have different schemas in one tablespace, there are no relations between them. We need to restore one schema back to lets say last night (or last rman backup). I can't figure out how to do that. (This is hypotetic).

Guess I can restore into a new/cloned database and export the schema from there, but isn't it any easier way, that can restore the schema directly into its database?

Or should we use export to save our schemas?

Thanks!
Re: Restore one schema with RMAN [message #357754 is a reply to message #357751] Thu, 06 November 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Guess I can restore into a new/cloned database and export the schema from there, but isn't it any easier way, that can restore the schema directly into its database?

Yes this the way to do.

Quote:

You can't recover from an export.

One advice: separate your schemas in different tablespaces.

Regards
Michel
Re: Restore one schema with RMAN [message #357767 is a reply to message #357754] Thu, 06 November 2008 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cowon_d3
Michel Cadot wrote on Thu, 06 November 2008 15:17

Quote:

You can't recover from an export.

One advice: separate your schemas in different tablespaces.

Regards
Michel

Sure, but restore Smile Suppose some schemas is ok to restore a few hours back.

Ok, thanks. Then you confirmed what I was afraid of. Can't understand why it should be difficult to just recover one schema if there are noe relations. But there are a lot I don't understand Shocked

Guess we should go back to having one tablespace pr. schema.

What about flahback recovery? Guess it's the same way?

Re: Restore one schema with RMAN [message #357769 is a reply to message #357767] Thu, 06 November 2008 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
RMAN is a physical backup, it knows physical objects: blocks, files, tablespaces, database but not logical ones: tables, schemas...

Regards
Michel
Re: Restore one schema with RMAN [message #357770 is a reply to message #357769] Thu, 06 November 2008 08:48 Go to previous message
Cowon_d3
Ok, I see.

Thanks a lot!
Previous Topic: To recover deleted rows
Next Topic: Flashback restore point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 00:20:55 CDT 2024