Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » mount data files (Oracle 11g)
mount data files [message #356849] Sun, 02 November 2008 19:52 Go to next message
rbugcalao
Hello all,

I have installed oracle11g in one of my work stations. I used it for testing and research for one of my projects. Last week the database stopped working, after one of our technicians accidentally altered the registry containing the information of my database.

The control files, datafiles and redo log files are still intact. I reinstalled the database but i do not know how to mount my old data in the database. The files' size reach around 25G.

Can somebody give me the right directions? If you need more information just let me know.

Thanks!

Neolle Smile
Re: mount data files [message #356850 is a reply to message #356849] Sun, 02 November 2008 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
You should verify that you have the pfile or spfile that was used for the database. If you do not have this file, you will need to recreate one. Once you have the file, you should place the pfile/spfile in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database directory.

Without more information, don't know if the Window's Oracle service still exist or not. Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to recreate the Window's Oracle service with oradim. You should delete the old service and create a new service for the database.

rbugcalao wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 20:52
...the database stopped working

Not knowing the state of the database, once you have recreated the Windows service, you can try to start the database and see if you encounter any problems.
Re: mount data files [message #356854 is a reply to message #356850] Sun, 02 November 2008 21:30 Go to previous message
rbugcalao
Thanks ebrian,

I'll try your solution using oradim. I'll get back on this if things go well or not.

Neolle
Previous Topic: restore RMAN FROM TAPE
Next Topic: I think something wrong with my rman_script!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:35:47 CDT 2024