Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » ORA-19901 After restore (Oracle EE 10.1.0.2 Solaris 5.9 SPARC)
ORA-19901 After restore [message #355904] Tue, 28 October 2008 07:20 Go to next message
dae01
Hi,

I am trying to restore my database to its state 3 years ago. I have got tapes with level0 backup (includes datafiles, controlfile and archived logs). Using RMAN I restored all of the datafiles and archived logs.
As I did not have redo logs from the time I just put files from my current state (thinking that they are not really required as I am going to do a RESETLOGS anyway).

After RMAN successfully restored datafiles and archived logs I issued:
recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;
command in SQLPlus.

However after all of the archived logs were applied I have got warning that OPEN RESETLOGS is going to fail with ORA-19901.
Which it indeed fail. They only solution I have found is to continue media recovery, but I do not have anymore archived logs left and also when I query v$recover_file it shows that all datafiles change# is the same.
The only abnormality I can see is that when I query v$database it shows last system change LESS than the one for all datafiles.

Please advise what I should do.

Thank you.
Andre.
Re: ORA-19901 After restore [message #356718 is a reply to message #355904] Sat, 01 November 2008 06:53 Go to previous message
mmee

hello Andre.

pls post your output here,use below command..

rman>list incarnation of database 'database name';

like..
rman>list incarnation of database prod1;

Previous Topic: Backup fails: "error writing input to command"
Next Topic: BACKUP FAILURE_RMAN-03009
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:54:34 CDT 2024