Home » Other » Marketplace » Share your Oracle experiences
icon6.gif  Share your Oracle experiences [message #353131] Sat, 11 October 2008 12:34 Go to next message
Sadik
Friends I have started an Oracle Forum dedicated to sharing one's experiences and learning from others.

Please visit this URL removed
Regards,
Sadik

EDITED by LF: moderator stuff discussed the issue. The conclusion is: we will not allow links to sites which do not respect copyright. Therefore, all links to your forum have been removed and this topic is locked. If you have any complaints, please, PM me or report this message to a moderator.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 11:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353135 is a reply to message #353131] Sat, 11 October 2008 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What do you think OraFAQ do?
Which reason do we have to switch to your forum?
Above all when you see what has been posted.

In addition, when I see the following at first line:
Quote:
We are giving away Thomas Kyte / Apps Financials Books for FREE!

I know what is your integrity.
Definitively I prefer to keep away for your forum and not help to steal others work.

Regards
Michel
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353144 is a reply to message #353135] Sat, 11 October 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadik
Hello Michel

If you read a post on my forum read it completely

There is a URL removed, the winner of which is entitled to a FREE HARDCOPY of Tom's Book which I will order from Amazon, as it is clearly written on the Post in Black and White, I suggest you go and read the Full Post instead of just the heading

URL removed

Please don't malign my reputation. I would never imagine stealing anybody's work. I am a writer myself, so I know how it feels.

Regarding switching from orafaq, Nobody asked you to switch. I was just asking people who are interested to share some tip or experience to make a post on my forum, since orafaq is mostly about asking questions.

Regards,
Sadik

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 10:48] by Moderator

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353148 is a reply to message #353144] Sun, 12 October 2008 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
If you read a post on my forum read it completely

Quote:
read the Full Post instead of just the heading

My apologies if I misundersttod you but when I first come to a site I don't drill down all links (there are about 100 links in your home page). When I see some copyrighted materials are proposed I go away. So you should change your eye-catching way, as it is it just seems to catch those who wants to take from other works for free.
The header is the way you want other see your site and reflects what you are.

Quote:
I am a writer myself

What did you write?

Another word, there is one poll on your site: "How do you find club-oracle.com" with 3 options "Good initiative", "Ok - Needs Improvement" and "Not Good". You created it and for the moment you are the only voter and vote... tada... "Good initiative".
You pretty pride yourself on this, doesn't it? Good, but I think you should not think your site needs no improvement.

Regards
Michel

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353149 is a reply to message #353144] Sun, 12 October 2008 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Reading a little bit more on your site I see URL removed:
Sadik
Luckily, if you or someone you know has Metalink access, these high quality courseware documents are free to download.

sameer
Hi Sadik, can you mail me the Tutor docs for Oracle Assets, I don't have metalink access. Thanks in advance[

Sadik
Have sent you the docs.. check out

arunkumps
Can you please send me the tutor documents too as I too dont have a metalink id.

Sadik
Hi Arun, which module do u want?

So you are exactly what you seem to be and I didn't malign your reputation, you deserve it.

You are not allowed to copy and send Metalink materials.

Regards
Michel

[Edit: Add link to the thread]

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 10:49] by Moderator

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353150 is a reply to message #353149] Sun, 12 October 2008 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What is funny is the "rules" of your "Project SLG":
Quote:
4. And of course, should not be copied or plagiarized.

Just a question why do you offer T. Kyte's previous book and not current one?

Regards
Michel
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353151 is a reply to message #353150] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadik
Ok Michel,

I don't really feel like continuing this discussion since most of your comments are personal attacks. However I will answer your questions and let that be the end of it.

Quote:

My apologies if I misundersttod you but when I first come to a site I don't drill down all links

If you haven't read the full post, you shouldn't make judgemental remarks accusing someone.

About Metalink, I agree I am not allowed to copy and send materials. But hey, it is not that I am publicly distributing them is it. It's people whom I get to know through the forum, who are genuine and would be using the material to study, I am giving them. If you spend some time browsing the net, you will find lots of sites just freely distributing them. I am not doing that.

About the Poll, once again, please see the details. The Poll was started about an hour ago. I was the first one to vote and I feel my site is a good initiative to people who want to learn. If you think it's bad, go ahead and vote that it's bad. That's the whole point of democracy. IF MANY PEOPLE AGREE WITH YOU THE POLL RESULTS WILL SHOW SO.

Quote:
What did you write

I never claimed to be a great author. I am a very simple guy who used to blog a lot. I faced some instances where some of my articles were copied. Anyways, that's another story, but that's what I meant when I said, I understand.

and finally, there is no point in furthuring this discussion. People who visit my site will judge for themselves.

Quote:
Just a question why do you offer T. Kyte's previous book and not current one?

The most constructive thing you have said in this entire discussion.

Actually, I did not handle the promotion competition and the guys who did posted this book. The mails and notices had already gone to several places so I couldn't change the book later. But as you will see, there is an option for winners to select any book they want so I let that be.

Regards,
Sadik
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353152 is a reply to message #353151] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Your post shows your sincerity.

Regards
Michel
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353154 is a reply to message #353152] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadik
Quote:
Your post shows your sincerity

I don't know whether you are being appreciative or sarcastic but thanks either ways.

Also, i will start a thread regarding the metalink docs asking people if they want that thread removed. If many people vote that they want that thread removed I will remove the metalink thread.

Best Regards,
Sadik

[Updated on: Sun, 12 October 2008 01:17]

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353157 is a reply to message #353154] Sun, 12 October 2008 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It is not a matter of majority, it is a matter of integrity and legality.
Of course, as you attract thieves they will not vote to remove what they are coming for.

Once again you show your sincerity.

Regards
Michel
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353160 is a reply to message #353131] Sun, 12 October 2008 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadik
According to you

I am an insincere person who deserves to be maligned.

All people who come to my URL removed are thieves.

Let everyone who read this thread judge from both of our languages as who is what.

Also readers please URL removed

I will not post on this thread further because it is adding no value.

Regards,
Sadik

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 10:49] by Moderator

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353162 is a reply to message #353160] Sun, 12 October 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I am an insincere person who deserves to be maligned.

This is not what I said and warping my words just shows who you are.

Quote:
All people who come to my oracle forum are thieves.

Once again, this is not what I said and maybe "thieves" is not the right word, english is not my native language, how do you call someone who asks for illegal materials?

But let summary our discussion:
- I open a warahouse where you will get stolen materials for free
- But it is illegal to give that materials
- I will ask those who come for that if they agree I no more give these things

I agree we can't add some value to this topic; do your site can do more than the hundred sites that already exist including this one?

By the way, OraFAQ forum is NOT the only part of OraFAQ, there are also a Wiki, many articles, scripts, blog aggregator... for free and legal. (I found something useful to add to this topic.)

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 12 October 2008 02:32]

Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353166 is a reply to message #353162] Sun, 12 October 2008 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadik
Previously, you said

Quote:
keep away for your forum and not help to steal others work.

So you are exactly what you seem to be and I didn't malign your reputation, you deserve it.

Later you say,

Michel Cadot

This is not what I said and warping my words just shows who you are.

Previously, you said,
Quote:
Of course, as you attract thieves

Later you say,
Quote:
Once again, this is not what I said

Sorry for posting after saying I won't post, couldn't help myself. Also Michel this is not personal. It's about an Oracle Forum to share one's experiences. If you feel something is wrong there, you can say so in a professional manner, that Sadik I have a suggestion that this is not right on your forum. Personal attacks against me and users shows you in poor light.

I am a regular reader of orafaq and please don't think that I am competing with you because orafaq is too good a site and I have found several very useful things here in the past.
Re: Share your Oracle experiences [message #353185 is a reply to message #353166] Sun, 12 October 2008 10:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I would like you to end this pointless discussion.

Sadik, you have invited people to visit your forum. I'd stop right here, right now. We may agree with the principles and rules you have established on your forum or not, but that's irrelevant.

As for OraFAQ Forum, we do not encourage actions you chose to support on your forum. It appears that you didn't pay much attention to Metalink's Terms of Use which - among other things - say:
Metalink Terms of Use
You agree that access to MetaLink, including access to the service request function, will be granted only to your designated Oracle technical support contacts and that the Materials may be used only in support of your authorized use of the Oracle programs for which you hold a supported license from Oracle. Unless specifically provided in your licensing or distribution agreement with Oracle, the Materials may not be used to provide services for or to third parties and may not be shared with or accessed by third parties. However, the Materials may be shared with or accessed by third parties who are your agents or contractors acting on your behalf solely for your internal business operations and you are responsible for their compliance with these MetaLink Terms of Use.

In other words: you have been granted to use Metalink materials but may not distribute it elsewhere.

Sadik
... it is not that I am publicly distributing them is it. It's people whom I get to know through the forum, who are genuine and would be using the material to study

Metalink Terms of Use don't mention the way of sharing copyrighted information. You are not allowed to distribute those materials. Full stop.

People who visit your forum are not (quote from Metalink) "third parties who are your agents or contractors acting on your behalf" - they are just visiting your forum.

In order to study Oracle, everyone can download Oracle software and use it under terms written in the Development License which does not include access to Metalink.

To cut a long story short: do whatever you want on YOUR forum, carry the blame of unauthorized access / distribution of copyrighted materials.

Please, do not spend any more words trying to convince us that what you are doing is legal. However, if you plan to spend some time in constructive discussions in any thread opened at OraFAQ Forum, feel free to join!
Previous Topic: The latest multinational large file transfer software:Qoodaa
Next Topic: Oracle & Unix Administrator Job in Egypt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:33:35 CDT 2024