Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Oracle job problem
Oracle job problem [message #36223] Mon, 12 November 2001 05:53 Go to next message
annie
I manually run a oracle job using dbms_job.run(job number). It returns successful message but the job doesn't run(by checking the all_jos table). what's kind of problem could cause this? Something wrong with the database?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle job problem [message #36231 is a reply to message #36223] Mon, 12 November 2001 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
I know that you need to do a commit after submitting a job - maybe that applies here too?

the following should also be > 0.
SELECT * FROM v$parameter
where name = 'job_queue_processes';

Re: Oracle job problem [message #36249 is a reply to message #36223] Tue, 13 November 2001 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akkiraju kiran kumar
Hi,
As u said u r running the job using Run procedure.... So, here the problem... Using this method u can schedule the Job. If u Want to Schedule(I mean yr job will run no. of times depending upon yr given frequency) then go for
SUBMIT procedure in Dbms_job package..

thank q

Re: Oracle job problem [message #36251 is a reply to message #36223] Tue, 13 November 2001 07:10 Go to previous message
akkiraju kiran kumar
Hi,
As u said u r running the job using Run procedure.... So, here the problem... Using this method u can schedule the Job. If u Want to Schedule(I mean yr job will run no. of times depending upon yr given frequency) then go for
SUBMIT procedure in Dbms_job package..

thank q

Previous Topic: Re: How to Retrieve CLOB withADODB Command Parameter...?
Next Topic: Re: How to Retrieve CLOB withADODB Command Parameter...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:29:00 CDT 2024