Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Full and Differential issue
Full and Differential issue [message #351658] Thu, 02 October 2008 03:17 Go to next message
Mary08
Hello all,

I have created two scripts one for incremental level 0 (once a week)and one for incremental Differential level 1 (daily).
As far as I know the Differential (level 1) will backup everything from the last level 0 and then will backup everything from the last level 1.

The problem is the disk space. There is enough disk space for on full and maximum 2 differential (it reaches 97%).

What I want if is possible is to take the full, then take a Diff, next day that will take the next Diff to copy the full since it is not needed and just have only the Diffs for the rest of the days.

To copy for example the full every week before taking the next full I use the HOST cp'....'; sommands and works fine.

It is not a problem to take a copy of the full before the 2nd Diff will start but the output of all full and Diff have the same TAG so I do not know how my cp command to know which is the FULL to copy.

Can I change the output format (not the path) just the TAG for only the DIFF backups?
Do I need to a crosscheck after I move the FULL for the second DIFF before starts?

Sorry for the many questions.

Thanks in advance
Mary
Re: Full and Differential issue [message #351677 is a reply to message #351658] Thu, 02 October 2008 05:45 Go to previous message
ebrian
Sorry, to be honest I couldn't follow along with the total process you were describing.

What version of Oracle are you using?
Previous Topic: Recover Tablespace - RMAN
Next Topic: Specify different name for backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:54:36 CDT 2024