Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE (Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release, 10.2.0.1.0, HP-UX B.11.23 ia64)
ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE [message #350278] Wed, 24 September 2008 10:19 Go to next message
samg4ug
Hi,

I need to grant a user(non dba schema with default profile and connect and resource roles) ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER and BACKUP ANY TABLE for export purpose. But I cant grant ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER. BACKUP ANY TABLE is granted without hazards.

while trying to grant ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER, getting error:
grant ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER to exporter;
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege

Please suggest me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Soumitra G
Re: ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE [message #350284 is a reply to message #350278] Wed, 24 September 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege

Did you check both "administrator" or "backup" privilege is exist.

use the correct name or correct privilege.

EXP_FULL_DATABASE is correct one.

Re: ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE [message #350289 is a reply to message #350278] Wed, 24 September 2008 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You cannot grant ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER with GRANT, you have to use DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER_PRIVS.GRANT_SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE.

Read
Database Administrator's Guide
Chapter 24 Using the Database Resource Manager
Section Administering the Database Resource Manager

Regards
Michel
Re: ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE [message #350309 is a reply to message #350278] Wed, 24 September 2008 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samg4ug
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Michel. I tried it and was succeded to grant the privilege to a role.

Well, Let me tell the intention to do this.
I was trying to create a customize role which will enable a user to take export of tables only(I mean table data). Now issuing the following:
select * from ROLE_SYS_PRIVS where role='EXP_FULL_DATABASE';

got o/p:

ROLE PRIVILEGE ADM
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---
EXP_FULL_DATABASE SELECT ANY SEQUENCE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE READ ANY FILE GROUP NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE RESUMABLE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE EXECUTE ANY TYPE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE BACKUP ANY TABLE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE SELECT ANY TABLE NO
EXP_FULL_DATABASE ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER NO

8 rows selected.

Now I created one role exp_role:
create role EXP_ROLE not identified;

Then granted backup any table and ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER to the user (exporter). I was unable to export other schema's tables from this user. Then I granted select any table, then also I was unable to export other schema's tables. Various trial and error method, I tried but the same result. Now if I am granting exp_full_database to the user, it is capable of exporting other schema's tables.

Please suggest if there are certain things rather than only privileges in an oracle supplied role (like exp_full_database) which make the difference.

Thanks & Regards,
Soumitra G
Re: ADMINISTER RESOURCE MANAGER in EXP_FULL_DATABASE [message #350312 is a reply to message #350309] Wed, 24 September 2008 13:08 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The difference is the name.
'EXP_FULL_DATABASE' is not just a collection of privileges, it is also a name and the name is required to do the export.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Understand password file usage
Next Topic: Differential backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:39:44 CDT 2024