Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » define archivelog source in backup (any)
define archivelog source in backup [message #348075] Mon, 15 September 2008 09:52 Go to next message
dusk4783
Hi!

in a database I configured two archive destinations...
log_archive_dest_1 is on the local disk.
log_archive_dest_2 is on a NFS share.

During my backup procedure I want to delete all archivelogs which are in log_archive_dest_1.
RMAN mustn't delete any archivelog from log_archive_dest_2.

Oracle's documentation says:

"For example, assume that you archive to /arc_dest1, /arc_dest2, and /arc_dest3, and you run the following command:

BACKUP DEVICE TYPE sbt
ARCHIVELOG ALL
DELETE ALL INPUT;

In this case RMAN backs up only one copy of each log sequence number in these directories, and then deletes all copies of any log that it backed up from the archiving destinations. If you had specified DELETE INPUT rather than DELETE ALL INPUT, then RMAN would only delete the specific archived redo log files that it backed up (for example, it would delete the archived redo log files in /arc_dest1 if those were the files used as the source of the backup, but it would leave the contents of the /arc_dest2 and /arc_dest3 intact)."

Well, that's nice but I need a guarantee that rman NEVER deletes an archivelog from log_archive_dest_2.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
Re: define archivelog source in backup [message #348084 is a reply to message #348075] Mon, 15 September 2008 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Use
backup archivelog like '<your dest1>%' delete input;

Regards
Michel
Re: define archivelog source in backup [message #348275 is a reply to message #348075] Tue, 16 September 2008 05:11 Go to previous message
dusk4783
Hello Michel,

thanks, that's it Wink

Greetings

Daniel
Previous Topic: backup files size
Next Topic: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:23:01 CDT 2024