Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Increased Archivelog backup with RMAN catalog (9i)
Increased Archivelog backup with RMAN catalog [message #347254] Thu, 11 September 2008 03:35 Go to next message
ricardodba
Hi All,

I've recently switched from using NOCATALOG to a CATALOG Rman backup.

I've notived that there is now an increase in the amount of achive logs that are backed up???

The backup script is exactly the same from when i was in NOCATALG mode...nothing on the database has changed e.g LAG targets etc.

Can anyone shed any light as to why i am seeing this increase in archive logs been backed up in CATALOG mode???

Thanks in advance.
Re: Increased Archivelog backup with RMAN catalog [message #347267 is a reply to message #347254] Thu, 11 September 2008 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you put the catalog in the same database than the backed up one, it is normal.

Regards
Michel
Re: Increased Archivelog backup with RMAN catalog [message #347308 is a reply to message #347267] Thu, 11 September 2008 04:56 Go to previous message
ricardodba
Hi, Catalog is on a seperate db. One thing i didnt mention but i guess is very significant (sorry)...there is a Physical Standby...which is also been backed up via Rman Catalog...

The Live database ships the archive logs to the Physical standby.

Could this be causing, for some reason the increased volume of archive logs been backed up...maybe due to crosscheck having some kind of issues???

FYI - The Physical Standy was been backed up previously when in NOCATALOG mode.

Previous Topic: Script for cold Backup
Next Topic: RMAN CLONE using nocatalog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:16:08 CDT 2024