Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Database Import (Oracle 8i)
Database Import [message #342665] Sat, 23 August 2008 16:52 Go to next message
fjaboon
guys

I had recreated my oracle database and have been trying to import a backup dump into the database for the past two days (its almost 48hrs now). I initiated the inport on thursday 8:30pm and up to now it still importing.I have been checking the progress using server manager using the SQL:

SVRMGRL> select ROWS_PROCESSED, SQL_TEXT from V$session, V$sqlarea where V$sqlarea.HASH_VALUE = V$session.SQL_HASH_VALUE;

Results:

ROWS_PROCE SQL_TEXT
---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
154 select ROWS_PROCESSED, SQL_TEXT from V$session, V$sqlarea where V$sqlarea.HASH_V
4 select ROWS_PROCESSED, SQL_TEXT from V$session, V$sqlarea where V$sqlarea.HASH_V
12930 select f.file#, f.block#, f.ts#, f.length from fet$ f, ts$ t where t.ts#=f.ts# a
0 select local_tran_id, global_tran_fmt, global_oracle_id, global_foreign_id,
4 rows selected.

What could be the cause of this long time to importand is there anything happening according to the results of the SQL?

the other proble is that the import is failling to import some schemas though I had done a full import. Whats the cause?

Lastly how should I end the import should I want to restart.

the database is running on a Solaris Server and am not well versed with most of the Unix commands.

I am attachong the log file(the first errors that occured).
Re: Database Import [message #342680 is a reply to message #342665] Sun, 24 August 2008 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Your target database is NOT 8i (8.1) but 8.0.
If you exported a 8i database with 8i exp, this can't be imported in 8.0 database.

If this is not the case then your export file is corrupted. Not transfered in binary mode, for instance.

Regards
Michel
Re: Database Import [message #342703 is a reply to message #342680] Sun, 24 August 2008 07:45 Go to previous message
fjaboon
Thank you. The export was done using the following command (script):

mknod compress_pipe p
mknod export_pipe p
chmod 666 export_pipe compress_pipe

# +---------------------------------------+
# | Start both the Split and Compress |
# | backgroud processes. |
nohup split -b 1024m < export_pipe &
nohup compress < compress_pipe > export_pipe &

# | Finally, start the export to both |
# | pipes. |
exp userid=system/ipmssysmgr file=compress_pipe full=y log=exportRCVCATDB.log buffer=256000

This is because the database is now very big that normal dump/export does not end successfully.

please help.
Previous Topic: Can we import to another instance on the same box ?
Next Topic: insert crores of records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:28:50 CDT 2024