Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exporting whole database from oracle 9.0 to 9.2 (windows (oracle 9i 9.2.0 windows 2003)
Exporting whole database from oracle 9.0 to 9.2 (windows [message #341161] Sun, 17 August 2008 06:37 Go to next message
mmshekiba
Hi,
I have a windows 2000 server which has oracle 9.0 and a database which its dump is 20G.I'd like to export the whole database to another server which is windows 2003 and oracle 9.2. unfortunately I couldn't find oracle 9.0 so I was forced to use oracle 9.2.
I did a full export by executing this command:
exp system/manager file=f:\exp.dmp log=my_dump.log full=y

while importing to server 2003 and oracle 9.2 I got some bad errors:

1) The block size in oracle 9.0 is 4096 but the block size in oracle 9.2 is 8192 and many errors were about this.

2) The path of tablespaces and .. in oracle 9.0 is something like d:\oracle\ora90\... and this path is in dump file from export.but the oracle path in 9.2 is different .somthing like d:\oracle\ora92\.. and it causes many errors too.

I searched a lot.even I wanted to downgrade oracle 9.2 to 9.0 but I couldn't.

Could you please help me?how can I import that dump to my oracle 9.2 .I'm new to oracle and I don't have enough knowledge on doing this.Do I need to downgrade to 9.0?
Thank you
Re: Exporting whole database from oracle 9.0 to 9.2 (windows [message #341169 is a reply to message #341161] Sun, 17 August 2008 08:12 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Unless you are going to post the exact error messages/screen shots instead of explaining what you did,
it is very difficult for anyone to lookinto the issue (if any).
Import will read the dump file and try to recreate everything in it. That includes tablespaces also. If the target server
directory structure is different than source, then
tablespace creation will fail and so will subsequent operations.

Export using the lower version.
Import using the same lower version (into the remote target database). Use tns entries to do this.

Please search this forum with error messages you get.
This topic is been discussed many many times.
http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Import_Export_FAQ
Previous Topic: Loading data by sql loader after truncating Master table failed
Next Topic: importing into em with dmp file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:33:52 CDT 2024