Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Logfile & Database ! (Oracle 8i, Solaris 5.8)
Logfile & Database ! [message #333583] Sun, 13 July 2008 04:51 Go to next message
prashantShukla
Hello everybody,

I am facing problem. Let me give you some details.

My serve running with Oracle8i, and two harddisk - hd1 and hd2; inside it.

On hd1 there is installation of Solaris OS and Oracle software contains one of control files control1.ctl and three logs file log1.log, log2.log, log3.log.

On hd2 contains datafile, indexfiles etc.. and another copy of control file control2.ctl.

Now due to some problem my system does not get boot and I have to reinstall the oracle software on hd1 and I don't have backup copy of control1.ctl and all three log1.log, log2.log and log3.log.

In above scnerio what will happen is there any chance of dataloss possible ? How to solve this problem. Pl. note that there is no damage to any file on hd2. will I loss the database due to nonavailability of backup of above files?

Can any one guide me step by step to solve this problem.

With Thank !

Prashant Shukla

Re: Logfile & Database ! [message #333587 is a reply to message #333583] Sun, 13 July 2008 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You should always have 2 members in each log groups.
You don't care of the control file you lost as you have the other one.

Have a look at User-Managed Backup and Recovery Guide
Chapter 6 User-Managed Media Recovery Scenarios

Regards
Michel
Re: Logfile & Database ! [message #333853 is a reply to message #333587] Mon, 14 July 2008 10:49 Go to previous message
prashantShukla
Dear Michel !

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Regards !

Prashant
Previous Topic: Creating Clone database manually
Next Topic: How to Migrate Oracle 10g using Veritas NetBackup 5.0 to Veritas BackupExec 9.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:06:16 CDT 2024