Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files
how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328674] Sat, 21 June 2008 09:51 Go to next message
imraan
hi;

can anyone tell me please how to recover of current,active,inactive redo logfiles(if backup is available and in archivelog mode and backup is available and run in no archivelog mode).

then how could i recover all the current,active,inactive redo logfiles(if backup is unavailable and run in noarchivelog mode)

pls reply

Re: how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328678 is a reply to message #328674] Sat, 21 June 2008 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & follow Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

Forgive me, but I don't understand the question or problem.

What answer/solution do you expect/desire?
Re: how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328680 is a reply to message #328674] Sat, 21 June 2008 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Oracle9i User-Managed Backup and Recovery Guide
Chapter 6 User-Managed Media Recovery Scenarios
Section Recovering After the Loss of Online Redo Log Files

Regards
Michel
Re: how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328685 is a reply to message #328678] Sat, 21 June 2008 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imraan
how could i recover redolog files when u working with database,

please explain for all kind of redolog files recovery(current,active,inactive)

please explain if backup is available how could u recover(both in archive & no archive)

please explain if no backup is available how could u recover(both in archive & no archive)
Re: how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328690 is a reply to message #328685] Sat, 21 June 2008 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
imraan wrote on Sat, 21 June 2008 08:20
how could i recover redolog files when u working with database,

please explain for all kind of redolog files recovery(current,active,inactive)

please explain if backup is available how could u recover(both in archive & no archive)

please explain if no backup is available how could u recover(both in archive & no archive)

The answers are in the Fine Manuals as cited by Michel Cadot.
Nobody should have to waste their time to post previously published procedures here because you are unwilling or in capable to RTFM.
Re: how to recover of current,active,inactive redolog files [message #328693 is a reply to message #328685] Sat, 21 June 2008 10:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
And I add to Ana's answer: please don't use IM speak.
Read and follow OraFAQ Forum Guide

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: recovery of correpted block
Next Topic: Using Rman in Windown Client to Backup Oracle Server 10g in AIX, save to disk in Window (merged 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:39:24 CDT 2024